Thread: Pee stains on leg feathers, how to clean?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pee stains on leg feathers, how to clean?

So Sparky (year old male) doesn't have the best aim when he's going potty, especially if he is walking and marking. He usually ends up getting urine on his front leg and the feathers are stained a pale yellow/ off white. I keep him pretty clean with wipes and so it doesn't smell, but I'm wondering if there's something to help get it more white again? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a tear stain remover solution for our little guy that also can be used to remove stains on their coat as well.
    Not sure if it would work with urine stains, but perhaps worth a go. It's called Four Paws Crystal Eye.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh.... I have girl and even struggle with this! Interested to see what people say!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Ugh.... I have girl and even struggle with this! Interested to see what people say!

I keep Sophie "trimmed", just enough. It's not dog-show pretty, but she is not a show dog and it is practical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is a perennial problem with Cavaliers and I don't think anyone has ever come up with the perfect answer! Some people say to leave a length of hair on the end of the penis that that acts as a wick to direct the pee away from the legs, but others say that this actually makes it worse [and I find it makes them smelly UGH]

If you can get hold of it, Bob martin Vetzyme JDS insecticidal shampoo is good for sparkling whites LOL but it's not something I would use frequently as it does contain Permethrin [technical 1.0%w/w cis:trans 40:60.]

***NB Do not use on cats. Do not use on puppies under 12 weeks of age. Do not use on nursing bitches.***
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, all! Great suggestions. I might try the tear stains remover option and if I give up, then trimming his feathers down a tad. Maybe I could try to wipe his legs every time he comes back in the house after potty-ing as well!