• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dandruff

Calandra

Happy New Year All!

My Chloe Louise has a lot of fine dandruff in her fur. I didn't notice it until I had her under a lamp and looked very closely at her black fur. I don't see it in normal light when I look at her. (She's 15 weeks old.)

Is this a normal winter thing, or should I be concerned? I don't bathe her often - only if there is a poop-accident, and we haven't had one of those in about a month.

PS - Chloe is good about pottying outside now. (When I first got her, I didn't think she'd ever potty outside! :)) She is also good about using her potty pads inside, but unfortunately she still doesn't know the difference between my carpet and her potty pads. :( Found poop in my dining room this morning. :( My fault - it happened while she was waiting for me to take her outside this morning after she awoke. So, she still needs supervision - and taken to the appropriate potty area when she first awakes. At this point, it's hard to imagine her being truly housebroken, but hopefully it will come - just like pottying outside did. :)

Any suggestions/ feedback about the dandruff will be appreciated!

At 15 weeks old, she sounds like she is doing great and right on track for house breaking! It takes a while, and it probably won't fully happen (I.e. An accident here and there) until she is about a year. It seems like it will never happen, then one day its like "click"!!! :)

As for dandruff, I use a leave in deep conditioner (that is really made for the skin not fur) on Brooky and leave it on for 5 min. That helps, you do t even really need to rinse it much, it's like lotion. It's called PAW sensitive skin conditioner, you can see it here: http://www.paw4pets.com/products/sensitive-skin-conditioner

:)

Thanks so much for the encouragement BrooklynMom. :)

I'll check out that conditioner and see if it helps.

At 15 weeks old, she sounds like she is doing great and right on track for house breaking! It takes a while, and it probably won't fully happen (I.e. An accident here and there) until she is about a year. It seems like it will never happen, then one day its like "click"!!! :)

As for dandruff, I use a leave in deep conditioner (that is really made for the skin not fur) on Brooky and leave it on for 5 min. That helps, you do t even really need to rinse it much, it's like lotion. It's called PAW sensitive skin conditioner, you can see it here: http://www.paw4pets.com/products/sensitive-skin-conditioner

:)

Back