Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abbey

Post Thanks / Like

I was too busy yesterday (and then too tired after a community party!) to come online, but I'm thinking of you both. I hope George has accepted that it was the best thing to do. Lots of

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Linda,
    You had the courage to let Abbey go to the bridge. I remember reading her blog avidly when my Minnie was first diagnosed and it was such a help to me.
    Although we did not know Abbey personally your descriptions and blog entries brought her into all our lives. Thank you for sharing so much of her with us.
    She will be fondly remembered by so many of this huge international family of people with SM affected dogs who do so so much to support each other through the good and bad times. Sending you lots of .
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry for your loss Linda. From reading your posts, it's obvious how difficult it was for you to make this hard decision. But your love and dedication for her shines through your posts also. Be gentle to youself while to go through this painful time. Run free sweet Abbey
    Sue

Darcy - Blenheim - 17th Sept 2005
    'Life is a balance of holding on and letting go'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is heart-breaking -- you and Abbey have been a part of the board for a long time. It is always so hard. I know it isn't much comfort but know that many of us have walked this journey and understand what you have been through and know the pain and acute sense of loss. It does ease with time and often it takes retrospect to gradually grow to know this was an act of love and kindness, not abandonment. We can be very hard on ourselves when it is all very recent and raw and we are not yet ready to be less (wrongly) judgmental of ourselves in taking a decision that eases suffering but brings such deep loss.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I know every single person on here loves their dog liked I love Abbey and understands and thats why I came here. Abbey thanks you Karlin for having CT as this site helped me figure out what was wrong with her. Unfortunately, she was 5 before we figured it out. I hope her story continues to help others and I pray to God I never go through this again. I have two other cavaliers and I know one of them has some sort of neuro issue and probably should mri him. There is never a good time to lose a dog but I feel robbed--she didn't even make it to her 8th birthday. She was young--very young. No time would have ever been enough but we were hoping for more. I love this breed and no nothing about breeding but god I hope breeders figure this out soon as this disease is awful.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, I know only time can bring you and George some peace and healing. Just try to remember that little Abbey that you brought home, that sweet little face and that spunky little spirit, not how she was robbed of it all by SM. You loved her and love her still. Cherish all your memories of her. They'll help you get through this.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Abbey very well. I would love to read her blog and learn more about this special little angel. where can I find it.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Abbey.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Linda I am so sorry to read this and my sympathies go to you and your family. It is heartbreaking the way things turned out for Abbey. SM is such a cruel horrible disease and it is awful that Abbey didn't get a chance to live the long life we hope for all our dogs.
    Take care of yourself.
    Shirley
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess