Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Abbey

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Linda, I just wanted to offer my most sincere condolences for the loss of your sweet girl Abby.

RIP sweet girl.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion".
    Author: Taken from a LO done by Too Scrappy

Post Thanks / Like

so very sorry
    Remember Our Love

I was chosen today
    I'm learning to fly
    the world took me away,
    but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
    to try and be strong
    so please don't you cry
    and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
    just remember our love,
    I'm up near the stars
    looking down from above.

Remember our love
    In a moment you'll see
    that I'm still here beside you
    when you're thinking of me.

----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda, I'm so very sorry.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up at 4:30 and first thoughts of of her and crying ever since. I just miss her.
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Linda, we can all feel your pain so vividly x I know how it feels to love your baby so much it hurts and when that is gone it hurts to even breathe x
    The loss you feel is beyond words and I pray this gets easier for you with time. Maybe when you get Aabbey back you could have a little memorial for her with the family in the garden or at her favourite place to walk. Take a poem to read or a song or two to play and light some candles for her. Say a few words or plant a tree or rose that stay for a long time that you can look at when you need to. It sounds strange but I've already planned all this for ruby so that I don't forget anything. Songbird by Eva Cassidy is our song and there is a beautiful type of rose called superstar that I want. I've also given all the details to my mum incase I'm in no fit state to take care of anything x
    I hope you will find some closure soon Linda x x x

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Karen. Vet tried to do autopsy yesterday but was unable to because of the freezing. I sure wish Dr. Shores would have mentioned this before we put her down as he knew we were going to be doing it. Can't change the past. I'm doin a little bit better every day but so many tears every day. We haven't decided what we are going to do with her ashes yet and will be figuring and deciding soon as I'm sure we will get her ashes back by mid-week. Today I need to get some things done and stay busy instead of sitting on CT and crying all day. That will help.

I actually talked to a breeder last night for 2 hours and one that has been recommended to me and she has a dog delivering probably next week so that means puppies in about 9 weeks. I truly do think we will get another one.

I will always miss her.

Crying too hard to type anymore.

Linda
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan

Post Thanks / Like

I am very sorry to hear you have lost your precious angel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Linda, was reading an article in my magazine today about coping with the loss of a pet and thought i'd re write some of it for you

"Memories are painful, but sometimes pain comes because we try to resist them. We don't want to be reminded, so we put all our energies in to trying to block them out. The trouble with this approach is that you end up focusing on them and then the mind develops a dissonance between the way you want the world to be and the way the world actually is. What you really want is your pet back in your life; in reality your pet has gone. The more you struggle with trying to 'block' the painful memories the more difficult it becomes.

Yet, when faced with any difficult situation in life, when you cannot change a problem, you have to change your attitude towards the problem. This is not always easy, but it is worth trying. While you do not still have your pet with you, you do have some wonderful warm memories from the time you spent together. Try not to resist thinking about these times. Rather, do something pro=active and take control of your mind.
    If possible, revisit a place that has special memories for you and your pet, maybe a favorite park or walk. Take a few deep breaths and allow those good memories to flow back. Let the tears flow, tears are healing. Hear your dog beside you barking and feel her beside you enjoying her walks as she always did. Do not resist it, its the resisitance that causes the pain.

The more you process your emotions the easier they become to deal with. Focus on the positives, that you had the opportunity to spend a part of your life with her, and give thanks that you were able to do so. Let her go and allow her to still be a part of your world in a positive way through the memories you have.
    She would never want to wish you harm or want you to be in pain- she loved you unconditionally and now it is your turn to forgive her for leaving you."

I dont know if this will help at all Linda but I really hope it does in some little way xxx Thinking of you xx

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Karen thank you for posting this--today has been a very hard day---cried alot today--almost looking forward to going back to work tomorrow--the weekend has been too hard--too much time to think and also be able to cry uncontrollably--try hard not to do that at work. I told George today that Abbey would be mad at me to see me like this and she would be telling me exactly what you wrote. I literally have been almost sick--headache although I do feel like I am coming down with something so can't blame it on Abbey. I'm going to bed and that makes me sad as that was the time I gave her her nightly butt rub. I know every day will get easier and I am going to try harder to do and remember the good and forget about the bad. I was so blessed to have her in my life for 7.5 years.

Maybe I'm not reading below right but all I do remember is the good--even her sm bad times is a fog---it's the good I remember and I just plain miss her. I guess what I need to do is let her go and I haven't done that????????

My mind is too fried--been a bad day.

Linda
    Linda, Georgia, USA

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Linda, I am so sorry I haven't been here. And then I just didn't know what to say.

Having had to make that decision for two dogs in the last 13 years, I remember too well how it feels. Especially when they are taken from you ahead of their time. (I've had other dogs but it's been many years on hard decisions)

Everyone has to grieve the way that is best for them. And holding it in won't help in any way at all. Give yourself time to grieve, but also keep yourself busy. I remembered for me, both times there were things I had to do to help me through. For both, it was spending time at a specific time each day to honor their memory....for my Nash, it was spending time on the deck with my Claire and taking his leash and collar with me. Some might think I'm crazy, but it gave me peace. I also put flowers on his grave every other day until there were no flowers left to be able to (I live in Michigan).

She will always have a very special place. And she is still with you because she is planted so firmly in your heart. I'll be thinking of and praying for you these weeks that pass. Hugs to you and the other pup's.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010