• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abbey

Keeping you in our thoughts Linda, have been through this too many times and I know how devastating it is to have to make that decision, but as Karlin says, in time you will realise that it was the right thing to do and Abbey is finally at rest and no longer in pain.

I will copy this thread across to the In Memoriam section so that Abbey can be with our other angels.

The part of the thread from the point where you memorialised her, has been moved here. I know there will be many people who will not see a thread in the health sections but will want to offer support and show they care. It would seem sad if thoughts about her and for you remained in a section focused on medicating ill dogs rather than devoted to the dogs themselves. :flwr:

hi
so sorry to read of your loss of abbey my eyes are full of tears its heartbreaking when they leave us

I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( She was such a beautiful girl, may she rest in peace *ng*l

I am so sorry about Abbey and i know exactly how you are feeling as i had to let my Pip go on Xmas day and still cry every day about him everyone assures me it will get easier.You did the right thing for her even if it doesnt feel like it now

I am so sorry you had to make the decision. She is in peace and pain free. You are in my thoughts.

I am in tears. I was hoping for Abbey to get better and live many more years. I am so sorry you had to make this decision, and understand completely how difficult it was. I dread the day I have to do it with my dogs, and cats again. But know that Abbey is not going to suffer another day, and will thank you for allowing her to go. I go to bed with a heavy heart for you tonight. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Thank you for your blog and keeping us all updated on beautiful Abbey. God Bless.

still having a very hard time. Last night was pretty rough --cried all the way home from work and lost it completely when I could at home. Lost it in front of my boss yesterday. I miss her so much. On the way home I almost stopped at the vet to see if she was still there to hold her one more time but I knew that wasn't heallthy. I sure loved that little 4-paw princess.

Oh no no no no no! I've been with out wireless for three days I can't beleive this Linda I'm so unbeleivabley Sorry!

I don't know what to say- I can't really see what i'm writing- I''ve been sobbing for an hour not really knowing what to say or do.

My heart truely breaks for you Linda- you did more than your best for Abbey- she helped so many people in her little life, she wasn't on earth as long as she should have been but look at what she has done in that short time. |All these people saying she helped their dogs out of pain by sharing her story- me included!

She is more than just a dog, she's an angel.

She is at peace now and will run free from pain at the bridge with thousands of Cavaliers as friends and family

RIP Abbey- you were an inspiration to so many and your legacy will live on for many many years to come, goodbye little Princess *ng*l

Oh Karen thank you as I really do feel your caring. Knowing that she helped others helps so much and I know it would her also. I know we did the right thing but I miss her so much and wake up and she's not in our bedroom and when I go to bed I always gave her her nightime cookie and rubbed her butt. Oh how she loved her butt rubbed. I know it will get easier. I don't regret one day with her. When she was a couple weeks old she had a seizure and the breeder (thats what she called herself - I personally have other names for her) and would take her back--you got to be kidding. She was in my heart bad in a hour. She had that way with everybody. She is finally out of pain--no pain--she couldn't tell me in words how this disease hurt and that was so hard on me.

I sure did/do love her.

Linda

I'm probably rambling.

So sorry Linda:( sending hugs your way. Your darling Abbey will always be in your heart xx

Oh Linda, I can't even imagine how lost you must be feeling and how empty your house must be at the moment. One day I will be able to say I do. But I do spend many nights crying myself to sleep just thinking of my life without Ruby. Like Abbey was to you Ruby is my one soul mate and special one.
We are all thinking of you at this tremendously hard time.

I am so sorry for you, Linda. It is horrible to loose, and nothing can replace Abbey. You did the right thing, even though the decission is hard to make, you made it in time for Abbey. Hugs and many thoughts to you.

Linda, I feel your pain and feel so sorry for you. You have done the right thing and know how hard it was for you. You have always been such a passionate "mother" for Abbey. She was so lucky to have you as her champion. Your posts after her surgery were full of that passion and caring. In time the happy memories will come through. At the moment take care of yourself that is what she would want. These kind animals take very little but give us all so much and teach us so much. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Linda,

I have been in tears the past two days for you. I will tell the pain will ease with time but Abbey will always have a place in your heart. You may not know me that well but I remember reading Abbey's blog. My Ella had SM and I met up with another Cavalier friend who had also found out that Corey had SM. She talked about Abbey's blog (which I had already read) and about how helpful and how much faith she had. You and Abbey touched many people that you may never know. You have helped many many people and that will live on forever.

This is one poem that I really love:

"I Only Wanted You
They say memories are golden, well maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I needed you, a million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one could ever fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane,
I'd walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again."

I really like this video also and still refer to Angel Ella up in Rainbows Bridge. I lit a candle for you yesterday so Abbey could find the light to the bridge where Ella and all the others were there to greet her and they are running again without having to stop behind.

Back