• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Love to Flo

Kate H

Flo (ByFloSin) is having her cancer operation this coming Monday - sending her lots of good wishes (y)

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Best of luck next Monday Flo.I'll be thinking of you.
I hope you have some of your favourite medicine left so you can celebrate when you get home :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very embarrassed to say this Kate, but it was yesterday (Friday morning). I got my good conduct card to come home a couple of hours ago, but am very sore and tired. Will bore you all to death with all the sordid details, well okay a few, later or on Sunday morning.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts

Sending you waves of positive healing vibes and loads of love :lotsaluv:. Get well soon Flo!

Oops! I'd got it firmly in my diary as the 9th, the 6th was a hospital appointment for me! Oh well, you'll need our good wishes to get well now...

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Sorry to have missed this Flo but do hope the op went well and you are not too sore. Look after yourself and let us know how everything went when you feel up to it.

You are in our thoughts

The tumour was small but deeper than expected, looking malignant and agressive the surgeon told me. I have had the first dose of mitomycin (chemo) and will be booked in for a further six as soon as the lab results come back, then a cystoscopy 3 months after that. Just counting myself lucky because one of the other ladies waiting for surgery with me also had bladder cancer. She was expecting to have her bladder and one kidney taken out. She told me it was her own fault because she delayed seeing the doctor for far too long. The uro. sister who tended me on the ward told me later that the poor lady died on the table. I must have had such a lucky escape from that one because it took me 2 years to persuade my GP that there was anything wrong with me at all. It's a funny old world sometimes, don't you think.

I'm here and twice as large as life and very happy to be all in one piece, even though I feel as though I've had an argument with a JCB and lost. That will pass, neanwhile the amber liquid and the pain killers are doing a good job. Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. They worked so well that I felt so many people were right in there with me.

May you heal fast and get all of the support you need. It makes me angry that your doctor didn't listen to you in the first place. I have heard that chemotherapy is horrible and I will pray that your time going through it will be bearable, and that it gets rid of the cancer.

Hope you have laid in an interesting and cheery variety of scarves and turbans - just in case for the chemo!! I was lucky - I have another condition that means I can't have chemo, so got away with just having radiotherapy. I was also lucky that I had a polyp that had to be removed by day surgery and that was when they discovered the tumour and then things moved very quickly. Hope the chemo isn't too awful - take care of yourself. Plenty of cossetting (of all sorts)!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back