• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy

I am so very, very sorry Sinead, have been thinking of you today and hoping for a happier outcome. Rest in Peace little Daisy, you were very much loved.:hug:

So very sorry to hear that you had to let Daisy go to Rainbow Bridge. Her memory will be part of your heart always.

So sorry, Sins. The kindest thing for Daisy, but these last few days have been like a bolt from the blue for you and your family, which makes it even harder.

Thinking of you :hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Sins, I am so so sorry. Daisy was a lucky little girl to have you in her life to love and care for her. My heart goes out to you.

Hugs from all of us :hug:

Oh my goodness Sinead I am so so sorry.

No one could have been a better mum to Daisy and I know you have been to hell and back with her.
Rest easy little one.

Nanette

I'm so sorry to read this Sins. Daisy had a great life with your family and I'm sure you are all devastated.
Daisy and Abbey are probably comparing notes together now in heaven and I'm sure they are both saying what wonderful lives they had with their families in spite of their illnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart aches for you. So many Cavaliers have to leave far too early.
I am sure Daisy is with all the others at Rainbow Bridge and running like the wind.
Sending lots of
:hug:

hi
so so sorry to read about daisy another broken heart
if roses grow in heaven lord
please pick a bunch with care
and place them in daisy's paws
and tell her we all still care

crying Charli but Abbey did have a very good life -- my vet sent sympathy card and got it yesterday and one thing he wrote "he heart was as big as a great dane's".

Sins you and your family are in our thoughts - I know you had probably tried to prepare yourselves but that doesn't make it any easier. Daisy was blessed with a loving, caring and knowledgeable family who always did everything they could to take care of her and gave her so much love.

She brought so much to your life too and in time the happy memories will comfort you.

I'm going to copy the thread across to In memoriam so that Daisy can be with our other angels.

So very sorry
As I look up to the skies above,
The stars stretch endlessly--
But somehow all those rays of light
Seem dimmer now to me.
As I watch the morning sun appear,
The shadows still don't fade—
As if the brightest light of all
Was somehow swept away.

Though I see the branches swaying,
And watch their dancing leaves--
The echoes carried on the wind
Don't sound the same to me.
As I listen to the morning birds
Sing softly from afar--
It seems to be a mournful tune
That echoes in my heart.

Another day has come again,
As time moves surely on--
But nothing now seems quite the same,
To know that she is gone.
The days and weeks and months ahead
Will never be the same--
Because a treasure beyond words
Can never be replaced.

The loss cannot be measured now,
The void cannot be filled--
And though someday the grief may fade,
Her mark will live on still.
For even with my heavy heart,
I know that I've been blessed
To have been one who's life she touched
With warmth so infinite.
----Aileen

I am so sorry and saddened to hear about Daisy, (and Abbey ) having just logged on to the forum today.
All of us who loved our dogs dearly, would understand what you and Linda must be going through now.
It took me months to recover when my dog "Prince" died of MVD, I read books on pet bereavement and wrote a blog on my departed dog which I find helped a great deal with the bereavement process.

I am deeply sorry to hear that you have lost such a beloved member of your family. I don't know you, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to know what to say at times like this. Rest in peace Daisy. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Linda, was reading an article in my magazine today about coping with the loss of a pet and thought i'd re write some of it for you

"Memories are painful, but sometimes pain comes because we try to resist them. We don't want to be reminded, so we put all our energies in to trying to block them out. The trouble with this approach is that you end up focusing on them and then the mind develops a dissonance between the way you want the world to be and the way the world actually is. What you really want is your pet back in your life; in reality your pet has gone. The more you struggle with trying to 'block' the painful memories the more difficult it becomes.

Yet, when faced with any difficult situation in life, when you cannot change a problem, you have to change your attitude towards the problem. This is not always easy, but it is worth trying. While you do not still have your pet with you, you do have some wonderful warm memories from the time you spent together. Try not to resist thinking about these times. Rather, do something pro=active and take control of your mind.
If possible, revisit a place that has special memories for you and your pet, maybe a favorite park or walk. Take a few deep breaths and allow those good memories to flow back. Let the tears flow, tears are healing. Hear your dog beside you barking and feel her beside you enjoying her walks as she always did. Do not resist it, its the resisitance that causes the pain.

The more you process your emotions the easier they become to deal with. Focus on the positives, that you had the opportunity to spend a part of your life with her, and give thanks that you were able to do so. Let her go and allow her to still be a part of your world in a positive way through the memories you have.
She would never want to wish you harm or want you to be in pain- she loved you unconditionally and now it is your turn to forgive her for leaving you."

I dont know if this will help at all Linda but I really hope it does in some little way xxx Thinking of you xx

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread so ive copied across to the memorial page x

Back