Blog Entries

hi
    so so sorry to read about daisy another broken heart
    if roses grow in heaven lord
    please pick a bunch with care
    and place them in daisy's paws
    and tell her we all still care

Post Thanks / Like

crying Charli but Abbey did have a very good life -- my vet sent sympathy card and got it yesterday and one thing he wrote "he heart was as big as a great dane's".
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sins you and your family are in our thoughts - I know you had probably tried to prepare yourselves but that doesn't make it any easier. Daisy was blessed with a loving, caring and knowledgeable family who always did everything they could to take care of her and gave her so much love.

She brought so much to your life too and in time the happy memories will comfort you.

I'm going to copy the thread across to In memoriam so that Daisy can be with our other angels.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry
    As I look up to the skies above,
    The stars stretch endlessly--
    But somehow all those rays of light
    Seem dimmer now to me.
    As I watch the morning sun appear,
    The shadows still don't fadeó
    As if the brightest light of all
    Was somehow swept away.

Though I see the branches swaying,
    And watch their dancing leaves--
    The echoes carried on the wind
    Don't sound the same to me.
    As I listen to the morning birds
    Sing softly from afar--
    It seems to be a mournful tune
    That echoes in my heart.

Another day has come again,
    As time moves surely on--
    But nothing now seems quite the same,
    To know that she is gone.
    The days and weeks and months ahead
    Will never be the same--
    Because a treasure beyond words
    Can never be replaced.

The loss cannot be measured now,
    The void cannot be filled--
    And though someday the grief may fade,
    Her mark will live on still.
    For even with my heavy heart,
    I know that I've been blessed
    To have been one who's life she touched
    With warmth so infinite.
    ----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh god I just saw this. I so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you.
    BK

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry and saddened to hear about Daisy, (and Abbey ) having just logged on to the forum today.
    All of us who loved our dogs dearly, would understand what you and Linda must be going through now.
    It took me months to recover when my dog "Prince" died of MVD, I read books on pet bereavement and wrote a blog on my departed dog which I find helped a great deal with the bereavement process.

Post Thanks / Like

I am deeply sorry to hear that you have lost such a beloved member of your family. I don't know you, but please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you mind posting your blog? It might help me as I'm sure having a hard time here.

Linda
    Linda, Georgia, USA
    Winston--shih tzu-male, Darby female tri, Bentley male blenheim and Chelsea, black-tan
    Abbey my beloved tri who is so embedded in my heart--RIP Sweet Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to know what to say at times like this. Rest in peace Daisy. xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Life wouldn't be complete without a beautiful cavalier at your feet..
    xxxx Mummy to Murphy, aged 8. MVD wont stop my precious boy! xxxx
    28/09/09 Gotcha Day <3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Linda, was reading an article in my magazine today about coping with the loss of a pet and thought i'd re write some of it for you

"Memories are painful, but sometimes pain comes because we try to resist them. We don't want to be reminded, so we put all our energies in to trying to block them out. The trouble with this approach is that you end up focusing on them and then the mind develops a dissonance between the way you want the world to be and the way the world actually is. What you really want is your pet back in your life; in reality your pet has gone. The more you struggle with trying to 'block' the painful memories the more difficult it becomes.

Yet, when faced with any difficult situation in life, when you cannot change a problem, you have to change your attitude towards the problem. This is not always easy, but it is worth trying. While you do not still have your pet with you, you do have some wonderful warm memories from the time you spent together. Try not to resist thinking about these times. Rather, do something pro=active and take control of your mind.
    If possible, revisit a place that has special memories for you and your pet, maybe a favorite park or walk. Take a few deep breaths and allow those good memories to flow back. Let the tears flow, tears are healing. Hear your dog beside you barking and feel her beside you enjoying her walks as she always did. Do not resist it, its the resisitance that causes the pain.

The more you process your emotions the easier they become to deal with. Focus on the positives, that you had the opportunity to spend a part of your life with her, and give thanks that you were able to do so. Let her go and allow her to still be a part of your world in a positive way through the memories you have.
    She would never want to wish you harm or want you to be in pain- she loved you unconditionally and now it is your turn to forgive her for leaving you."

I dont know if this will help at all Linda but I really hope it does in some little way xxx Thinking of you xx

Just realised I posted this on the wrong thread so ive copied across to the memorial page x

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play