• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Supplements

Hi

I do supplement but I give individual capsules as you cant really get the required amount of each vitamin in
one does it all capsule.

Puritans Pride Ubiquinol 50 mg for pops and daisy
" " CoQ10 100 mg for rosie and lily
" " Vit E 400 iu
" " Omega 3 600 mg containing 318 m of EPA and 204mg of DHA
Puritans Pride Ev Prim Oil 500 mg
" " Garlic 500mg
Ester C 250 mg
general conditioner tablet mix of allsorts
B complex + E + selenium sel 15 mg mag 200mg
general glucosomine tablet

Best Wishes

Bri

If you are considering supplementing, I'd recommend reading some of Monica Segals' booklets/book, her newsletters and perhaps joining her forum. She and other nutritionists are adamant that oversupplementing or mixing together lots of things without understanding what they do, how they work and ways they can conflict is as risky to a dog's health as a nutritionally poor diet -- and adding in things can actually deplete the natural food's nutrition and deprive a dog of important nutrients!

I think this is particularly important in light of some recent studies that showed that, contrary to what many had expected, humans taking a range of supplements actually had shorter rather than longer lives on average.

Using very basic additions like a fish oil capsule, probiotics and CoQ10 is one thing but I think careful research and great caution is needed before adding in handfuls of supplements that may over the long term damage rather than improve health.

Hi

Also of course if you are feeding a prepared food check the contents as most good ones may contain a
balanced formula already, while I feed a raw diet and add to it .

I feed a good quality food and also give 4joints (a glucosomine mix, but only half the recommended amount) as they are all over 8 yrs old. Two of them get an evening primrose tablet for skin issues.

I feed a good quality food (Burns), so the only supplement mine get is Omega 3 capsules. They both have mild heart murmurs and this is the only supplement considered by cardiologists to slow down the development of MVD. They share a tin of sardines on their supper once a week and have egg with their breakfast twice a week, which I suppose would also count as supplements!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Mine get a good quality dry dog food but I also add in Salmon Oil, CoQ10, a little Vit. E. & glucosomine supplement.

My 3 get: 1. probiotic/enzyme supplement - I use Vetri-Science Mega Probiotics or Wholistic Pet Digest All Plus
2. Wholistic Pet Salmon Oil (it contains a small amt. of vit. E). I'm gonna order some Vetri-Science 3-6-9 capsules next, though.
3. COQ10

Stella will be 11 years old next month and she has a grade 5 (just discovered) heart murmur.
Hazel will be 5 this year and she has a grade 1/2 heart murmur (has had it since 2 months old and it's no worse).
Laverne will be 7 this year and she has nothing to worry about, as yet!

Mine get NuproPlus (which has ester c, flaxseed and glucosamine in it) salmon oil, and coq10 50mg.
I give a raw egg once a week as well. We feed her homecooked meals, lamb, beef or chicken with frozen veggiemixes and fruitmixes sometimes pasta or rice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back