Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peeing blood

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peeing blood

My monster had some blood in urine thismorning. She seems fine otherwise.thoughts? Were on vacation in VT, and coming home
    Tomorrow. What should i do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no! I don't know? Can you call her vet? I hope others can help you more?
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sounds like a UTI to me?

I'd call the vet and have them see her asap. If it is a UTI she will probably need anti-biotics.

Ooops ... missed that you were on vacation. I'd probably call your vet and see how urgent they think it is. Maybe they could even write you a prescription to pick up at a human pharmacy near them just until you can get in tomorrow? I know you typically don't want to delay getting a urinary tract infection treated as it can impact the kidneys, etc.
    Last edited by Lani; 12th January 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

How we love the little ones. On our way back to NYC will go see emergency vet tonight. I cannot relax when something is wrong with my monstress magoobear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, Lynne. I would do the same! I am guessing a UTI as well... but you'll get the answers from the vet soon. Thinking of you and sending positive healing vibes.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Poor Blondie!!!!
    I have no suggestions as to what this could be, but she is very lucky to have you watching after her so well Lynn (as we all know the lengths we will go when our babies get ill!). Did you come back early from Vermont??
    Big hugs to Blondie from me and keep us updated okay? Hugs to you too

Post Thanks / Like

I took on a rescue that had a urine infection and until I could get her to my vet I added fresh cranberry juice to her drinking water. My vet said it wouldn't harm and probably helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Cranberry juice... that reminds me of a story... back in college I got a UTI, couldn't afford to go to the doctor, so my friend, who was a nursing student showed up at my dorm room with a massive and I mean a MASSIVE gigantic jug of cranberry juice. She told me to drink it all in the next 24 hours and I would feel better... I guzzled the stuff and was better in no time! Although we cannot make a doggy drink cranberry juice like that, it has a lot of Vitamin C and anti-oxidant properties- it seems to actually target bacteria in the urinary tract.
    Hoping Blondie baby is feeing better today.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

How is Blondie today Lynn? Did you get to the vet?

Cranberry does work great for UTI's, but you news pure cranberry juice (100% vs. like an Ocean Spray or cranberry drink). The 100% pure tastes bitter, but you can cut it with water. A lot if animal naturopaths will dilute some pure cran (can get at Whole Foods type stores) in dogs water bowl for treatment and prevention of UTIs. There are also cranberry dog tablets and treats too if this is ever a common or reoccurring thing. There are also great homeopathics for UTIs in dogs that are good to have on hand until you can see a vet or use instead of if you know if works for your situation.

Hoping Blondie is feeling better!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used the pure stuff and just added it to the water bowl and it certainly did the trick and helped until I got home and to my vet.