• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Laundry Help Needed

BeBe

What does everyone use in the washing machine to get rid of the urine smell if there are accidents? BB has not had any in the crate but I wanted to be ready, we have Nature's Miracle for the floor but was looking for an additive to use for bedding, towel, etc.

Many thanks for any recommendations!

I add Nature's Miracle to the laundry too if stuff is smelly. I have the generic brands and got a gallon jug that I keep by the washer for when I was bedding

I keep a gallon of Simple Solution around. I use it for the carpet or in the washing machine. Its very simliar to Natures miracle.

Simple Solution here, too. About a cup to 2 cups for a large load. Using Dreft baby detergent in the load instead of regular detergent also helps A LOT :) .

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I have gotten some Dreft and will use it with the Nature's Miracle since I have that one, should keep the bedding smelling fresh!

About a cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle. For potty stains on carpet, absorb pee with paper towel then spray area generously with vinegar in a spray bottle 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water, then absorb with paper towel.

You can also add baking soda into the wash.. it removes odour really well and also washes your laundry better!

Oxyclean is the best. Gets out anything organic. My sister had a christmas tree skirt the cat peed on, washed 5 times still smelled, washed with oxyclean, no more smell.

I used it the other day after accidently locking the cat in the bedroom for many hours, came home to a very wet down comforter. Washed it and the duvet and smells great.

Back