Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Lyra look too thin?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input everyone! Haha, yes I love her markings too. Her red spots really tickle me sometimes.

I definitely cannot see her ribs at all, but I can feel them easily. She is fit as a horse (much better than Cadence was as a puppy) and is a huge glutton. If I were to feed her whatever she wanted, she'd be extremely portly, LOL.

Thanks for that picture of Eowyn by the way! She looks exactly like Lyra, size wise.

Kate, I completely agree that so many people let their Cavaliers get way too heavy. Of all the Cavaliers I've met, only maybe 2 were slim and healthy. The rest... some could barely breathe after playing fetch because they were SO overweight. Even Lyra's litter sister is fat When I met her a couple of weeks ago, I couldn't see any waist on that dog at all; yet people were saying that she is in better shape than Lyra! I couldn't help but say "that dog is FAT. They need to be feeding her less".

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She looks perfect too me. Charlie's a very slender cavalier. Has very narrow hips and rib cage and gets called underweight all the time. Too many puddings about if you ask me and it is changing people's perceptions and not for the better !!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Not that you really need any more confirmation, but she is about the same as Kokoda who is now 11 months old on the 26th.
    Kokoda is the fittest, muscley-est dog i have ever had, including german shepherds and boxers. He is always moving.
    People often tell me he is skinny too, but he also doesnt have any coat yet to make him look bigger. His coat is growing VERY slowly....
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Karen & denali. I am going to continue feeding her the same amount of food I've been feeding for the past couple of months. She gets 1/2 cup of food a day, divided into two meals, and lots of treats in between. When I'm feeding raw, I give her 2.5% a day.

Just got a bunch of comments again today about how skinny she is and how I should feed her more to fatten her up. I think fat and overweight dogs have become such a pandemic that nobody knows what a slim and heathy dog should look like anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

She looks perfect to me. Murphy is 7 months and looks the same. Had him at the vet and was told he was in great condition, and he is such an athletic little guy. would load pictures but keep forgetting how,
    Paula

Molly (Tri female),
    Murphy (Blen boy), and Bonnie (running at the rainbow bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

She looks just right to me too, why some people want a cavalier to llok like a 'tub of lard' is beyond me Don't worry, as long as she's eating and full of well-being.