• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mucus in stool

Alana

Bella has mucus in her stool, no blood and she is her happy self. do I need to rush to the vet?

No. :) Very common especially in young dogs. Eeven a slight change in diet -- a different kind of treat etc -- can cause changes in stools and mucus is pretty common. If they get very runny and don't go away, or if there's blood, then I'd talk to a vet.

Generally if you have worries or areunsure, just call your vet and ask if you need to bring your dog in. My vets have always been great on telling me yes, when there is a definite concern; maybe, if I feel I would like to, to be safe; or no, then offer some home care suggestions and what to watch out for that wold indicate a dog does need to come in after all.

If there's ever anything that seems urgent, people should of course call their vet immediately and not ask on a forum/wait for a response. Then, people don't want to lose potentially precious time. It can make all the difference in an emergency. (y)

Yes, Karlin is right.
I had the same fear when Brooky was little but then realised it is totally normal sometime. Funny how much we look at poo now huh?!

If there was blood or it was runny I would have been straight off to the Vet.

Yeah the poo thing - After I tell Bella "Good girl!" I walk over and look at it. My husband must think I have taken up poo watching ;). "Ooh that poo has something red in it...I better poke it with a stick!....It's okay just a bit of fluff from the last soft toy she destroyed".

Yeah the poo thing - After I tell Bella "Good girl!" I walk over and look at it. My husband must think I have taken up poo watching ;). "Ooh that poo has something red in it...I better poke it with a stick!....It's okay just a bit of fluff from the last soft toy she destroyed".

This made me laugh so much!!
I have long conversations about Oliver's poo with my mum, best friend, partner and Oliver's walker! Lol
I also have been known to "look through it" as it were.
Worst occurrence was after he destroyed (ate) a rope toy and only half of the rope came out of his bum and I had to pull the rest out with the attached poo!!
Now as he tears bits off I take them away! No more eating rope! Lol

M&O

Back