• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Probiotics

-leah-

Hi all, Holly is on a 6 week antibiotic for a bone infection and i'd like to put her on a probiotic supplement. Vet suggested yakult but they have a high sugar content and i'd rather not go down the yoghurt route as she is on a strict diet. All suggestions welcome!

My Vet put BB on something called FortiFlora. You sprinkle it on the food - she seemed to like it! I saw it on Amazon so may be more widely available.

Noelle

Hyperdrug.co.uk sells a number of probiotic products you can add to food. :) I just ordered one of them for the dogs and cats.

I use protexin bio premium for Sparky - be sure to use then once the anti biotics are finished, theres no point in giving them at the same time as the antibiotics as the antibiotics kill off the good bacteria youre putting back into the system

Oh really good point Sonia that the rest of us forgot to make!! Yes absolutely the case: the probiotic needs to be given only AFTER the antibiotic course ends. (y)

Back