Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much does your Cavalier sleep?

Post Thanks / Like

My Belle slept about 18-20 hours a day, and Bobby was a little more active, sleeping less maybe 18 at the most.

Dogs can be very adaptable, especially the cavalier, which is why they make a great family pet... they are sporting and playful and can go on walks, etc. and are cuddly and can sleep away their days when there is nothing else to do.

I always feel bad when I am working and see them snoozing away on the sofa, I feel that I'm not giving them enough stimulation, but it's their choice to sleep, they play and snoop around when they want... but sleeping is indeed a priority!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much sleep they actually need. Nalu doesn't sleep when we're around to interact with her, which is about 9 hours a day, more on the weekends. Now that she's two (today!) I'd like to see her be more independent like other dogs I know, but she seems to be more hyper and demanding of our time. Do dogs in daycare come home and nap, or do they continue to interact with their family? Quite frankly I can't continue to devote so much of my time and energy. Putting a bird feeder out to attract wildlife helps to entertain her. If I neglect her she will nag me to play and eventually sleep out of boredom, but I chose to give her a lot of attention her first two years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu View Post
    I wonder how much sleep they actually need. Nalu doesn't sleep when we're around to interact with her, which is about 9 hours a day, more on the weekends. Now that she's two (today!) I'd like to see her be more independent like other dogs I know, but she seems to be more hyper and demanding of our time. Do dogs in daycare come home and nap, or do they continue to interact with their family? Quite frankly I can't continue to devote so much of my time and energy. Putting a bird feeder out to attract wildlife helps to entertain her. If I neglect her she will nag me to play and eventually sleep out of boredom, but I chose to give her a lot of attention her first two years.
    A Happy Birthday to Nalu!
    My Bobby does that sometimes, he cries for me to play fetch with him, and sits and stares at me until I do. It happens a lot when I'm at the sink washing dishes (as if his cue is 'Mom's at the sink, time to play fetch'). So I oblige and kick his toy or bone across the room... I end up multi-tasking and he doesn't seem to mind at all.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy sleeps most of the day but he's a senior.

Post Thanks / Like

Bella goes to day care at my parents there she runs around with Benny a lot but she sleeps too. As soon as we get in the car she crashes out. Then sleeps on and off in the evening, then from 10pm-6:30 am straight but on weekends she has a 6:30 am potty then comes and cuddles us in bed...yes we are teaching bad behaviour but I love those weekend morning cuddles!
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
    - Bern Williams