Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrated my cavalier still got diarreah costing me a fortune! Help

Post Thanks / Like

Oh gosh don't know what to say about the food problem.. Except feed her the same every day and when she gets hungry she will realise that's her food and she has to eat it... Sounds like your pup came from a bad breeder.. Get her insured ASAP to cover hereditary diseases if they occur!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..Life wouldn't be complete without a beautiful cavalier at your feet..
    xxxx Mummy to Murphy, aged 8. MVD wont stop my precious boy! xxxx
    28/09/09 Gotcha Day <3

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously you need to find the underlying cause of your puppy's problem, but in the meantime, an old remedy that helps to firm up stools and so lessen dehydration is to put a little of what in the UK we call cornflour - corn/maize ground to a fine white powder - on the food, or mix it with a little milk. Constant runs are uncomfortable for your puppy and serious dehydration can be life-threatening, so until your vet can find the cause, a little cornflour might help (and won't harm)!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

I can vouch for the fact that Chicken causes allergy in some puppies ( my five month old kept getting diarrhea on and off even though she is on Royal Cain sensitive food, my vet kept telling me to put her on chicken and rice but i found that the chicken made her worse. I now feed her with boiled rice and some of the dried food and that seems to work, stress also seems to effect her. she will grow out of it I am assured, Her brother is not affected at all.

carole