• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you brush your cavaliers teeth?

Alana

I have brushed Bellas teeth twice but the dog paste smells disgusting and she hates it to. Anyone know of a good brand?

Hi
four times each every night , give two lots of dental chews ,
also use three types of dental spray.

I do when I remember. Chloe is 5 months old, so have taken the warnings to get her used to it early.

I don't remember the brand of toothpaste, but it's peanut butter flavor and she loves it (even though it's BLUE! Eckkk!). Now, whenever I brush my own teeth, she starts licking her lips trying to get to my toothbrush. :) It's cute.

BB is 3 months so I am working to get her use to toothpaste and brushing but would not really say we are brushing our teeth... we use Chicken (not blue) C.E.T. brand which we get at the vet and also have been using PetzLife peppermint which I did not think she would like but she does!

I take my Dogs to the vet every 5-6 weeks for a general check. Funnily enough I have just got back. One of the things that is always checked are the teeth and gums.
Molly, Dotty and Dougall are both almost five years, they have almost perfect teeth and gums. I have never brushed them or used anything commerical. I feed them on
Neem Sticks which is made from hide and tree bark, these sticks help to reduce the bacteria in the mouth that causes plaque. For treats they have things like baby
sweetcorn, baby brocoli, carrots. I have also found venison marrow bones is a really good size and they spend a long time once every ten days having a good chew on
those which helps to clean the teeth.

I recently acquired a little rescue who had manky teeth and gums big time, she also had terrible bad breath:shock:. Coco also had advanced heart disease and as you all know Gingivitis and heart disease is not
a good situation.

We put Fragaria in her water (homeopathic strawberry) this helps to soften the tartar, we changed her diet immediately from commercial junk food to a natural diet.

It was difficult to convince her burger and chips three times per day is not good but she now shares the same treats as the others.
cl*p
Tonight the vet couldn't believe his eyes and said there is been a 60% improvement. He also did not pass out from the smell of her breath!

Back