Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookyln in hospital...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brookyln in hospital...

Brooklyn was just admitted to the emergency hospital for a Paralysis Tick (info if you do not know about them here: http://www.pethealth.com.au/Page/the...aralysis-ticks).

Please pray for her. I am scared to death and cannot stop crying. We had to leave her at 10pm and can get an update again in the morning...everything a bit unclear as of right now because they don't know how far the venom will go and what to do with the anti-serum. I feel so helpless and just miss her terribly. We found the tick early though, so it has not been attached for ages, that is a good thing. I will update when I have more info in the morning, I am so tired now and going to bed, but I was just hoping I could ask for some prayers and if you don't pray, just some healing thoughts. She will feel them, I know she will.

Thanks everyone. x

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my gosh! That is terrible. I will definitely pray for her and tell Kokoda to send healing thoughts her way.
    We are all here for you.
    Get well soon Brooky. X
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no so sorry to hear this - keeping you both in our thoughts and hearts.

You did the right thing getting the tick off so quickly - I see the article says that daily inspections and prompt removal are the best ways of helping and preventing this condition - and of course getting her into the vets so promptly.

Try to get some rest - have some Dr Bach rescue remedy if you can that will help to keep you calm. Please keep us updated when you can - I will watch the board for more news.

The clan here send lots of love to Brooklyn and to you.

Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I wish Brooklyn a speedy recovery. She is so lucky that you are vigilant and spotted the tick so early on. I'm sure that will help her in getting better soon. Thinking of you. XX
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope she gets well soon. She's in the best place she can be right now

Let us know how she gets on.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you are so lucky you spotted it so early. Was she having any symptoms yet? Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and to Brooklyn.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. I send all my prayers and thoughts to you and Brooklyn. I sure understand why you are devastated, the waiting must be terrible
    Charlotte & Christian
    Molly & Éowyn & Khaleesi

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear this about little Brooklyn. I will be praying hard for Brooklyn, you and your husband. Keep us updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Brooklyn. I pray that she will be OK and back home soon.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think we will have any news for a few hours yet - just checking the time and it is currently 16.45 in the UK and 03.45 Sunday morning in Sydney, so hopefully Brooklyn's Mom is tucked up safely in bad and getting a few hours sleep, she needs to be fit for when Brooklyn comes home.

[Saturday 11.45 in New York for our US friends]
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org