• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brookyln in hospital...

BrooklynMom

Brooklyn was just admitted to the emergency hospital for a Paralysis Tick (info if you do not know about them here: http://www.pethealth.com.au/Page/the-danger-of-paralysis-ticks).

Please pray for her. I am scared to death and cannot stop crying. We had to leave her at 10pm and can get an update again in the morning...everything a bit unclear as of right now because they don't know how far the venom will go and what to do with the anti-serum. I feel so helpless and just miss her terribly. We found the tick early though, so it has not been attached for ages, that is a good thing. I will update when I have more info in the morning, I am so tired now and going to bed, but I was just hoping I could ask for some prayers and if you don't pray, just some healing thoughts. She will feel them, I know she will.

Thanks everyone. x

Oh my gosh! That is terrible. I will definitely pray for her and tell Kokoda to send healing thoughts her way.
We are all here for you.
Get well soon Brooky. X

Oh no so sorry to hear this - keeping you both in our thoughts and hearts.

You did the right thing getting the tick off so quickly - I see the article says that daily inspections and prompt removal are the best ways of helping and preventing this condition - and of course getting her into the vets so promptly.

Try to get some rest - have some Dr Bach rescue remedy if you can that will help to keep you calm. Please keep us updated when you can - I will watch the board for more news.

The clan here send lots of love to Brooklyn and to you.

medium.jpg

I wish Brooklyn a speedy recovery. She is so lucky that you are vigilant and spotted the tick so early on. I'm sure that will help her in getting better soon. Thinking of you. XX

I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope she gets well soon. She's in the best place she can be right now :hug:

Let us know how she gets on.

Wow, you are so lucky you spotted it so early. Was she having any symptoms yet? Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you and to Brooklyn.

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. I send all my prayers and thoughts to you and Brooklyn. I sure understand why you are devastated, the waiting must be terrible:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this about little Brooklyn. I will be praying hard for Brooklyn, you and your husband. Keep us updated.:hug:

I don't think we will have any news for a few hours yet - just checking the time and it is currently 16.45 in the UK and 03.45 Sunday morning in Sydney, so hopefully Brooklyn's Mom is tucked up safely in bad and getting a few hours sleep, she needs to be fit for when Brooklyn comes home.

[Saturday 11.45 in New York for our US friends]

Sending lots of healing thoughts for Broklyn. Glad you spotted the Tick early.

I know we have Ticks in the UK but do we have Paralysis Ticks?

Poor Brooklyn, you must be worried sick. You are both in my thoughts, sending gentle hugs to Brooklyn.:hug:

hi
so sorry to read about brooklyn i hope and pray she will be just fine
please give her a kiss and cuddle from louie and his mum when you see her

Sending lots of healing thoughts for Broklyn. Glad you spotted the Tick early.

I know we have Ticks in the UK but do we have Paralysis Ticks?

No fortunately we do not have Paralysis or Brown Dog ticks in the UK, the worst we can get over here [dogs or humans] is Lyme Disease. I did have a brilliant website showing photos of ticks and their descriptions, but can't find it at the moment :( We do need to still be aware of ticks though.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and thanks Nicki for keeping people updated on the time change etc.
It's morning now and we heard from the vet at 6:45 am that she made it through the night!!! Yay. That is the most critical part and I just feel she will get through this now.

On the way to the hospital to see her now. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers, I know she felt them and it was just what she needed. Will update again soon once we talk to the vet!! Poor Brooky, i just love her so much and ever grateful to my husband for finding this tick and getting it off when we did...it made all the difference in the ending of this story and I feel we were so blessed for that.

Will update soon. x

Oh that's fantastic news!!! We're just so thrilled for you. Hope she makes a full recovery now and will be back home with you very shortly.

I can go to bed now :)

Sorry I've been so busy today that I have only just started reading today's posts. Poor Brooklyn. Get well soon sweet girl. Am spinning the Tibetan Prayer Wheel for you as I type. Keep us updated when you get time after you come home please.

I'm so pleased to hear she's doing well.I know you can't wait to get her safely home.
Thank Goodness that tick was found in time.
Sins

Back