Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Brookyln in hospital...

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Brooklyn is doing better and out of danger.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    so pleased to read that brooklyn is coming home good luck with her
    sending kisses and cuddles to brooklyn from louie and is mum

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw this! So glad to hear that Brooklyn is doing fine. How lucky that you spotted the tick early! They are really a nuisance. I hate them with a passion... I always dread tick season.

Hoping that Brooklyn will make a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Do hope everything is ok Kelsey and that Brooklyn is now safely home with you - let us know when you can please. In the meantime we are all thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone! Thank you so much again for all of your sweet words.
    Sorry it has taken me a while for an update, I took the day off work yesterday and just spent time with Brooklyn and took a break from it all. It was such an emotional and trying weekend that is for sure.

Brooklyn is looking up. She is still quite lethargic and a bit panty, but that is to be expected. She is just sleeping a lot and doesnt really want to go more than a block or two for a walk. But she is eating again and I think she looks a lot happier too. We are SO lucky, she is so lucky. Bless her heart.

To answer some questions...Paralysis Ticks (from what I know) are only in Australia. They are usually found around the coastal edge and we have a high population in our area. You can use Advantix to help with prevention, but nothing is 100%. The best prevention if you live in a tick area is daily tick checks. For us, that was the matter of life and death. To answer your question about timing Alana, it is because we got the tick of so early. The longer a Paralyisis Tick remains on the dog, the more dire the situation will be. If not taken off for a few days, the chances of living are not great and for a small dog, only having it attached for 24 hours or less can be deadly.

We are very grateful today, things are looking up and she is getting her "swagger" back. I just love this girl so much and she has shown me strength beyond all measures. What a brave little soul. Even everyone is the hospital said her tail just kept wagging.

Here is a pic of Brooky resting it all away. She says THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support xx

IMG_2055 by kelseykakes5, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness,
    I can imagine the sense of relief having Brooklyn home again.Sounds like she's doing well,considering how very serious it could have been.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

So happy she's home with you again. Love the way she sleeps with her paws crossed.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy that Brooky is home and doing well, I had never heard of this type of tick so the information is good. Although, I do have to say I am glad they are not widely present in the US! My family and I were thinking of you all throughout the weekend, we have been on the board long but have learned so much from your postings - we feel like we know you and Brooky! Just glad things are looking up!

Noelle, B.B. and Tucker

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh that is just fantastic! You must all be exhausted and as you say it will take a wee while for Brooklyn to recover completely, but I know they start picking up when they get home and it's really good that she is eating and wanting to go out for a walk even if you don't go very far.

Thank you for the information about the paralysis tick - I think we've all learnt a lot from your horrific experience. I remember watching an episode of Steve Irwin's "The Crocodile Hunter" some years back and his dog Sui had a Brown Dog Tick [I think?] and was very ill - I didn't know at that time how dangerous ticks could be.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I missed this! So glad to hear she pulled through xx
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)