Thread: Pet Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pet Insurance

Which is the best Pet Insurance (here in the UK) for Cavaliers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

AXA ,7000.00 renewable .
    Best Wishes

Bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

My Harley is also with AXA 7,000 a year lifetime cover, when you renew you get 7,000 again for the new year. Also do pre-authorisation. Took 2 days for them to give the go ahead for the MRI Scan and then paid the vet direct. Paid everything I claimed for last year 3,000. Even with all the claiming last year the premium only went up by 1 a month. Bit slow in paying out, took 7 weeks to get my money back.

Ebony is insured with M&S same policy then Harley with AXA but M&S is double the price, but in all fairness the service with M&S is 100% better then AXA. Pre-authorisation was given the go ahead over the phone in 1 hour and payout is between 1 and 2 weeks max. Staff at the other end of the phone know what they are talking about, with AXA I was tearing my hair out at times as everybody was telling me different things. Everything got resolved in the end but with me doing all the chasing. When you have a sick dog thats not what you want. But like I said M&S is 26.99 a month and AXA is 12.99 a month. I claimed nearly 4,000 with M&S last year including hydro.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I also have AXA Great cover and it's such a reasonable price. My Izzie is 9 a month and George is 11.
    Mum to Izzie and George

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper is with Petplan around 27 per mth, Gabby Axa around 11 per mth.

Jasper had to have emergency treatment last year, it took 20 minutes for them to give the referral clinic the go ahead for a MRI scan and spinal surgery which was priceless at the time because Jasper was so ill and that was enough to worry about. All I paid was the excess and admin costs, the follow up appointment weeks later was also included in that claim and that was around 200. His renewal in due in March and I will see how much it as gone up.

Cannot comment on Axa, touch would I have not claimed. A good cover for life pet insurance policy is priceless.
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10