• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Insurance

My Harley is also with AXA £7,000 a year lifetime cover, when you renew you get £ 7,000 again for the new year. Also do pre-authorisation. Took 2 days for them to give the go ahead for the MRI Scan and then paid the vet direct. Paid everything I claimed for last year £3,000. Even with all the claiming last year the premium only went up by £1 a month. Bit slow in paying out, took 7 weeks to get my money back.

Ebony is insured with M&S same policy then Harley with AXA but M&S is double the price, but in all fairness the service with M&S is 100% better then AXA. Pre-authorisation was given the go ahead over the phone in 1 hour and payout is between 1 and 2 weeks max. Staff at the other end of the phone know what they are talking about, with AXA I was tearing my hair out at times as everybody was telling me different things. Everything got resolved in the end but with me doing all the chasing. When you have a sick dog thats not what you want. But like I said M&S is £26.99 a month and AXA is £12.99 a month. I claimed nearly £4,000 with M&S last year including hydro.

I also have AXA :) Great cover and it's such a reasonable price. My Izzie is £9 a month and George is £11.

Jasper is with Petplan around £27 per mth, Gabby Axa around £11 per mth.

Jasper had to have emergency treatment last year, it took 20 minutes for them to give the referral clinic the go ahead for a MRI scan and spinal surgery which was priceless at the time because Jasper was so ill and that was enough to worry about. All I paid was the excess and admin costs, the follow up appointment weeks later was also included in that claim and that was around £200. His renewal in due in March and I will see how much it as gone up.

Cannot comment on Axa, touch would I have not claimed. A good cover for life pet insurance policy is priceless.

Back