• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Daisy's Little Hard Bump/Spot

Brian M

Hi

While grooming Daisy I can feel a little hard bump / spot on her side its a bit
like a dry hard pimple probably no more than 5 mm across and its dry .
It doesn't seem to bother her in any way and she doesn't scratch at it
so any ideas what it may be please ,or is it just what it seems to be.

It could well be a wart - Oliver has a ring of them around his neck. Generally they don't cause any problems, though his harness rubbed one on his chest and made it messy, but keeping it clean and protecting it until the scab was ready to come off was all that was needed. Unless Daisy's bump gives other cause for concern, I should just get the vet to take a look next time you're going anyway, rather than make a special visit.

Kate, warty Oliver, and Aled

I was thinking a sebaceous cyst as well. Jasper had one many years ago and I went to the vet as I was worried what it was. She squeezed it out but said it might return which in about a years time it did but I left it and it eventually burst and he has never had one again.

Dj had one of these, the skin around it looked dry. We had it squeezed and it came back a while later, but then dried up of it's own accord and didn't go completely but is a lot smaller/flatter with no scab. It didn't bother him even when touched.

Most likely a wart. Sophie has one or two already, and she recently turned three y/o. Watch it, and if it grows, then have it vetted. Otherwise, I do not worry about those.

Lucky had one of those on his back. The vet just asked me to watch it to make sure it didn't get bigger. She was not terribly concerned but she took it off when he went in for his dental.

Gabby as one on the left of her chest, we are monitoring it for changes, vet said it could just be a cyst, he squeezed it but nothing so its something we are keeping a close eye on.

Most likely a sebaceous cyst (extra production of oil gland). Fairly harmless. Watch for infection, but if it's not in an area where she can get to it, it will probably be fine.

How old is she now? My dog before Claire was prone to them after about age 9.

Hello Cindy

Daisy was five last month .I had a good rummage through her coat last night and the cyst/wart seems
to be the only one and it looks inactive but will keep a close eye on it .

Daisy and I say thank you for the many informative replies.

I only asked about age because many older dogs (7 and up) get these 'warty looking' bumps. If you're due for a Vet appt in the next few months, I'm sure you're fine waiting and asking then.

Hugs to Daisy.

Back