• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Any Info on Bladder Infections?

Nalu

Nalu is prone to bladder infections, and I'm interested in any information on prevention, possible causes, natural cures,etc. I worry about her being on antibiotics so much. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey there :) I'm on my mobile, so I can't see where you are located, can you remind me?

Some things for prevention, there are dried cranberries for dogs (powders, treats, supplement) that are good...not sure if they are available where you are. Also, adding some pure cranberry juice (not the ocean spray, or "cranberry drink" pure cran, it's very bitter, you can get at a natural food store or in the natural section of your grocery) to the water bowl is good prevention.

For natural treatments, do you have a holistic vet or a small animal naturopath in your area? We have one near me and she helps with stuff like this, right doses for your dog, prevention, natural remedies, food supplements, natural treatments to have on hand etc. If you do not have one in you area, a lot will do phone consults too which would be helpful for you to get the right information. If you want the contact info for mine (email or phone) let me know.

:)

I agree with Kelsey!

I don't know much about bladder infections in dogs, but I know that with humans cranberry capsules are VERY effective for prevention.

Thank you for the advice. I will look online for specific holistic approaches/dose... I'll have to make sure it's cleared up quickly so it doesn't move into her kidneys and then I'll look at prevention.

Back