Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: Elton is getting MRI

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    Congratulations to Elton. That is a real relief!
    Yes and no. I still don't know what's wrong with him. He's acting VERY strange right now.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NY, NY
    Posts
    267
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hi Anne

    I am happy to hear Elton does not have SM. However I feel your frustration to figure out what is going on. Perhaps they did miss some mild CM as you mentioned in one of your posts? When will you know the results of the spinal tap?
    I will continue to be sending positive thoughts your way.
    Irene-
    Jack and Penny's Mom, NYC

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    634
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So glad to hear that Elton does not have SM! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way as you guys try to determine what is causing his discomfort.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dublin,Ireland
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Glad he does not have sm and fingers crossed you will know more about what is wrong with him soon xx
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Coventry UK
    Posts
    1,845
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Annie wrote: He's acting VERY strange right now.

    In what way? Glad about the SM - but it still leaves you in the dark!

    Kate, Oliver and Aled

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    Annie wrote: He's acting VERY strange right now.

    In what way? Glad about the SM - but it still leaves you in the dark!

    Kate, Oliver and Aled
    It's probably from anesthesia. The MRI seemed to cause more distress which increased his symptoms.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Orlando, Florida USA
    Posts
    1,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    It's probably from anesthesia. The MRI seemed to cause more distress which increased his symptoms.
    This could be. One of our cavaliers had surgery last year and (we discovered much later) tried to lift his very heavy head (typical big-headed cavalier) while coming out of anesthesia and was so groggy that he could not keep it lifted and ended up slamming his head back down on the metal table, causing some internal damage that he only recently overcame.
    Rod Russell

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dublin,Ireland
    Posts
    3,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    This could be. One of our cavaliers had surgery last year and (we discovered much later) tried to lift his very heavy head (typical big-headed cavalier) while coming out of anesthesia and was so groggy that he could not keep it lifted and ended up slamming his head back down on the metal table, causing some internal damage that he only recently overcame.
    Oh no that's terrible poor dog!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default

    Radiologist report says Elton DOES have CM (mild) but I feel it is causing him discomfort.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cork,Ireland.
    Posts
    2,563
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anne,
    Can you be absolutely specific about what the symptoms he's showing?
    Why do you feel it's the CM that's the source of the discomfort?
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •