• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

petinsure versus petplan in ireland

shan

i have been researching pet insurance for myra and after many phonecalls it seems even though petinsure where cheaper 17 euro a month petplan 22 euro it seems petinsure wont cover mvd as it is classed as a pre exsisting condition also they dont cover skin conditions in dogs over 3 when policy taken out

just wondering any one in ireland have any thing to say to advice about either insurer thanks

All I can say is that I have both dogs covered with Petplan and have had no issues and regular claims. Just be aware that Petplan only cover 65% after the age of 7, and also, once you make a claim with whichever company you choose, it will be difficult to change to a new company without excluding that condition for the future.
When I took out my insurance there was only Petplan to buy from, so I was spared having to make a choice :)
Whichever one you pick will be better than having no insurance.

Slightly off topic but... is PetPlan the Allianz pet insurance? I'm assuming "Petinsure" is petinsure.ie?
(excuse the ignorance!)

Back