• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

petzlife

shan

does anyone know if you can buy petzlife spray or gel in ireland took myra for her booster and everything was fine except her teeth they need to be cleaned and i want something for prevention in future looking online petzlife seems to get good reviews anyone using it ?

just wondering what did it work out at cost wise in euro including delivery thanks sins

Hi

Have been using the gel and spray on all four of my Cavaliers for over four years ,so we buy the large refill
bottles .I have the name of the UK distributers somewhere but when I spoke to him just before
Xmas and told how I push the stuff to other Cavalier owners he asked me if I wanted to be a distributer ,
I then ordered a refill of gel and one of spray and the price on his list was £120 so I asked him if it had gone up
a lot to which he responded yes so what do you want to pay ? We agreed on £80 so if you want I will look for his name
and phone no.

No Brian i am in Cork Ireland imagine it would work out quite expensive in euro but then again cleaning at the vets is not cheap either and this may be a better alternative or at least preventative even though i am booking or in at vets for full clean but to find away to avoid that in future the vet told me cavs usually have very good teeth and she only eats dry food and gets dental chews so cant understand why her teeth are so bad?

It worked out at about €33 incl delivery if I recall.
Once you have the tartar under control,you only need to use it weekly or so.
Some cavaliers have very good teeth,some don't.
My Daisy had tiny teeth which barely broke the surface of the gum in the lower jaw and she was also undershot.Her teeth were also widely spaced and even though she didn't have decay,she built up a lot of tartar.
The other two have teeth like timber wolves and prevent tartar build up by eating through skirting board...:x
If you're having the dental done anyway,then maybe if you didn't want to pay so much,maybe try
www.ccpdogs.ie
they have a wide range of dental supplies and there's a spray they sell called Dentifricio.Can't say I've tried it,but it's made from natural products and is much cheaper.
Sins

Do you think i would get away with just using petzlife gel or spray insteand of the dental not to worried about cost the dental is between 75 to 85 euro the vet said just what is the best for myra vet has given me dentisept gel to use you squirt a little inside the upper gum on both sides of the mouth and the dog spreads it by licking it will help the vet said and its very effective just started so cant say yet

Shan
The best way really is brushing ,my four happily accept a toothbrush in their mouth and have done for four years ,I
think you Vet is wishful thinking .I use four differet pastes and three differerent sprays nightly and to do all four
takes a good half hour but honestly you have to brush to have any effect there is no shortcut like putting a bit on
her paw to lick off so it will spread around her mouth ,sorry total rubbish .If you phone petzlife ask for Jay and mention
Brian with the four Cavaliers he will help you .If you dont look after their teeth it will be lots of dentals and dangerous
G A then shortly after no teeth ,you choice but theres no short way .Anything else I can do pls ask ,has lots of hols
nr Cork and Skibbereen .

Ps If she has bad teeth no you will have to have the dental then start looking after them .

For €75 - €80, I'd have the dental and start with maintaining the teeth from then on.
That's a brilliant price !
Sins

There are many different products available it's finding something that works for you and your dog. Brian is right about brushing being the most important thing but you do need to introduce it carefully:

Introducing teeth brushing into your pet’s routine, restrain your pet by gently holding it around the muzzle. Lift the lip to expose the teeth.
Day 1 Gently stroke the outside of your pet’s cheeks with your finger only (no brush) and slowly lift the lip for about 30 seconds. Give your pet praise and a small treat at the end of every day’s session.
Day 2 Repeat as above and also place a small amount of toothpaste on the end of your finger and let your pet sample it.
Day 3 As day 2, but this time gently run your finger or finger toothbrush and a small amount of toothpaste over your pet’s teeth for 30 - 45 seconds.
Day 4 As day 3, adding 15 seconds time to running your finger or finger toothbrush over your pet’s teeth.
Day 5 If all is going well run your finger over the teeth for 30 seconds and then gently insert the toothbrush and again run over the teeth for 30 seconds.
Day 6 As day 5 but increase the time by 30 seconds.
Day 7 By now you should be aiming to spend at least one minute on each side of the mouth

Be patient and take time with the process or else your pet will resist. Always praise your pet. Praising will make them more receptive. Remember to always put a small amount of animal toothpaste on your finger or toothbrush. Your pet will like the taste and will associate it, the praise and the treats with toothbrushing. Note that human toothpaste is for humans and not for pets. If your pet shows any sign of aggression stop immediately.

I don't think you really need to be using 7 different products every night though!

Do you have a tooth descaler? http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Teeth.html do some, there are also some on E-bay. You have to be gentle with them but they are effective.

It is best to have a dental first to clean the teeth up and then start again from there - it will also find problems that we are not able to see.

I find the homoeopathic remedy Fragaria very effective - put one tablet in water bowl every day for a month, then every day for one week of each month. This softens the tartar making it easy to remove. I buy mine from http://gentletouchremedies.co.uk/

It is good to clean the teeth every day, http://cavalier-gift-shop.org/cavali.../prod_188.html this helps remove the softened tartar.

It's best to get into a routine, maybe after breakfast or something.

thanks for all the good advice I will go ahead with the dental she is booked in for next week Sins what would be the price you would have expected to pay this was price quoted i assume the practice will stick with there quote
i have been growing myra coat and she is looking really good now so hope they dont have to shave her or anything
i think i will order the gel from petzlife for up keep of the teeth afterwards I still have not picked out and insurance company for her i am torn between allianze and petinsurance.ie

I would have expected between €100- €120.
Your most likely claim will be for MVD in the coming years,so if Allianz will cover this for you,then I'd choose them.
Also petinsure are not covered by the Ombudsman here.
http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/...-the-company-petinsure-ie&highlight=ombudsman

My two are with petinsure from the second I brought them home as puppies.Once you choose a company,just stick with them,whoever they are.
Problems mainly seem to crop up if you change insurers,otherwise,I think the majority of claims are processed smoothly.
Sins

Back