• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Brooky at the beach...and her first swim!

BrooklynMom

Well, this weekend was MUCH better than the last weekend and Brooky has recovered well from her paralysis tick (yahoo!). So I took her to the beach, and she SWAM! Check it out...

[flash=http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=109786]width="400" height="225" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=40db3ae087&photo_id=6819518789" bgcolor="#000000" allowFullScreen="true"[/flash]

And here are some pics:

IMG_2440 by kelseykakes5, on Flickr

IMG_2425 by kelseykakes5, on Flickr

IMG_2427 by kelseykakes5, on Flickr

IMG_2447 by kelseykakes5, on Flickr

Oh my goodness, I LOVE these pictures!!! How did you guys get her to swim? Was this her first time? We have taken Sonny to the beach quite a few times, but he has never taken the plunge in.... I'm hoping he isn't too old for us to introduce him to water. :D

P.S. So glad Brooklyn is recovered!!!! She looks very happy to be running around!

I am glad to hear she is doing better! After all the rain we have had it was a great opportunity to take her to the beach. She looks like she had a wonderful! Let me know when you are going again and I will bring Bella!

Oh Alana...that would be a GREAT idea!! This beach was in Mosman, it is a dog beach and down in a gully so it is really safe and there are lots of dogs to play with and the owners have a blast. We should make a date! And yes, thank god for the stop in the rain! Can you believe this? I never knew Sydney could rain so much!! Brooky had a lot of energy to get out, ha. She had SO much fun. I had never been to this beach before, but my vet recommended it and it is just the coolest spot.

Ashleighelizabeth...we got her to swim with the help of a Cocker Spaniel at the beach ;) The cocker was swimming and so Brooky was interested, but she would not go in all the way (would run in, then just run out...never going all the way), so my husband went in with her and just supported her belly, she loved it and paddled, so he let go...and she sunk. Ha. But he just supported her belly again and after 2 go's...she was swimming!!! And she loved it once she knew what to do! She is a lot more timid about going in than say a Lab would be, just she gets warmed up and then just goes for it. Doing in with other dogs or getting in your self is the best way to do it :)

Glad to see Brooklyn is feeling a lot better. Lovely photos.

Makes me laugh to see you at the beach, I am getting the coats ready for our three as we just had 7 inches of snow last night. Have to get the shovel to get the car out of the drive.

Wonderful news, pictures and video! Thank you for showing her progress and those fabulous pictures of her. It's so good to hear that she recovered!

Aww, so good to see she's recovered so well :l*v:

Lovely pictures and a great video clip, she looks adorable doing the dogy paddle :D

So cute! I love the video of her swimming, what a difference a week makes! Very happy Brooky is feeling better and the tick check worked!

Ah wow! Lil' Brooky is in fine form now. So glad she's better. I really love your last photo of her paw print in the sand:lotsaluv:

Oh my goodness! What a delight to see this after the scare she gave you, I am soooo happy to see her doing so well. And the video worked for me.

Awe, thanks everyone! She really is so much better...and I love her so much more! What a strong wee soul she is :)

Wonderful to see Brooklyn doing so well after her serious health scare, I love the footprint photo too and the video is just great, well done Brooklyn, brave girl :)

Back