• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Izzie being spayed tomorrow

Autaven

My little baby girl Izzie is heading into our lovely vets tomorrow for her spay - and I'll be honest, I'm making myself ill at the thought. After everything with her SM and pain relief (yesterday I even trimmed her lovely ears as I read it could possibly help her comfort) I think I've became a little bit over protective. I could cry if I think about her having an anaesthetic and the thought of leaving her at the vets!

I know overall it's all for the best, but is this a common fear? I'm sure she will be just fine but she's my world. Please tell me I'm not alone!

Very common to be worried anytime anything happens with a loved pet. :flwr:

Try not to worry -- she'll be back home with you quickly and back to her normal self!

I wouldn't worry about ears unless they really bother her -- I trimmed Leo's ears back a bit as he scratched at them and caused tangles that his claws could get caught in, and same with Lily, but I have another SM dog with lovely long ears who has no bother with them. :) All dogs are very individual. If a dog has a lot of head pain and the ears are very heavy and might pull a bit I'd consider a trim, or if they cause problems for brushing/scratching/tangles.

Sadly she kept getting her nails caught when she scratched and would cry the place down until myself or my partner could get to her to untangle them - and that's without any matts we could find. However she does have quite straggely fur compared to my tri, and does need groomed quite a bit compared to him to keep them out.

And thanks, I've taken the day off of work and my partner is off at the weekend too so we're all set up for her to recover. Don't think I'll get much done tomorrow!

Oh in that case -- yes definitely keep them trimmed; it will be so much easier for her. :)

Best of luck with Izzie :flwr:
I am sure everything will be fine, and that there's no cause for worry. I'll send you a lot of positive thoughts tomorrow.

You & Izzie will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Yes I think we all worry when we have to leave our babies at the vets. I feel awful all day until I have them back with me.

Thanks everyone! After a very long, nail biting day I'm just off the phone to the vets and I've to pick Izzie up at 4.15. By the sounds of it everything went well (y)

Not been able to get a thing done all day though so now running around cleaning :v*cuum: the place up for her to relax in. Princess treatment for her tonight (yeah as if that's anything new!).

Glad to that everything went well and Izzie will be home with you soon lapping you the princess treatment :)

Not long now.

Glad everything went ok. I done the same when Harley came home from the vets, quickly hovered as I know he doesn't like the noise so I knew I woudn't have to disturb him.

Back