Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elvis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Elvis update

Following two days of no meds at all (Elvis was having one gabapentin a day) we had some phantom scratching but no yelps, although I have found that the distraction technique works wonders, (works with my husband and sons too!!!) We started the Med Trial today and Elvis has been for a walk, about 2 miles off the lead and did not scratch at all, he is a bit quiet, but will still play with a biscuit and try to take your hand off should you get too close!!! He isn't showing any signs of pain apart from the quietness. His appetite is good and all bodily functions are normal, (can't say the same for the Husband and Sons!!), will update next week have three night shifts ahead so will be working and sleeping!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, one week in and Elvis is fine a bit quiet but I put that down to the meds, he has had a couple of scratching episodes and unfortunately was 'bicycling' yesterday on his walk only for a short time though. I have noticed that he seems to salivate alot just before he scratches, might be my imagination though. He has started on 'drug one' today so will monitor him, I am not expecting miracles but if he is pain free we will all be happy, I understand that the drugs will need to build up in his system so the next few days will be interesting. Once again I would like to thank everyone for their invaluable support, I must say that we all feel very positive now, this is a terrible disease but with the right 'expert' help, (thank you Clare x), this fantastic breed will continue to bring pleasure to homes worldwide. Just going to pop him out for a walk, fingers crossed that it will be uneventful. Thank you again x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisas View Post
    Well, one week in and Elvis is fine a bit quiet but I put that down to the meds, he has had a couple of scratching episodes and unfortunately was 'bicycling' yesterday on his walk only for a short time though. I have noticed that he seems to salivate alot just before he scratches, might be my imagination though. He has started on 'drug one' today so will monitor him, I am not expecting miracles but if he is pain free we will all be happy, I understand that the drugs will need to build up in his system so the next few days will be interesting. Once again I would like to thank everyone for their invaluable support, I must say that we all feel very positive now, this is a terrible disease but with the right 'expert' help, (thank you Clare x), this fantastic breed will continue to bring pleasure to homes worldwide. Just going to pop him out for a walk, fingers crossed that it will be uneventful. Thank you again x
    Hi Lisa

I am so glad that things are getting better. Sometimes my Ebony is worse after to much exercise where Harley isn't affected by exercise at all. All dogs are different. Just glad you are feeling positive, it is very hard at the starting.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick note, Day four of drug one and Elvis is like a new dog, he has had a wonderful day, very playful and lots of tail wagging, bright eyes and no scratching, long may it last. x