• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Peeing on himself?

Dublin

Anyone any ideas??

The last 2 weeks ive noticed Sparky has had urine around his penis, belly, down his back legs & on his back feet.
I at first thought it was due to him lifting his leg very high when urinating & peeing on his belly - though this dosnt really explain his back legs & feet having urine on them.
I got our groomer at work to trim up his penis, belly & legs to see if it might just be the length of his hair (as I keep him long). This seemed ok for a day or two & then it returned so have ruled out the hair.
I took him to the vet & they gave me antibiotics incase it was a urine infection. The antibiotics finished today but nothing has changed.

Anyone else had this?

(Sparky is 4 years old & was neutered at 7 months if age, eats a raw diet & has always been very healthy)

Did he have a urine test done to determine whether he actually had an infection. When Rylie had an infection they did a urine test to diagnose it and another to make sure it had cleared. If he hasn't had one I would certainly have one done.

I believe the long hair that surrounds the penis channels the urine and if it's clipped this can make things messier until it grows back. Not sure if that could be the case since you leave him long.

No they didnt do a test (which i thought was odd to be honest).

His belly seems a little sore today, he flinched when i touched him. So I've booked a vet appointment after work this evening.

He seems in good form though & has been playing with other dogs in daycare - I guess I'm lucky I have him with me so I can keep an eye on me!

Sounds like he cannot control his urine and it is dribbling. Generally they'd test for a UTI -- but sometimes might just give antibiotics if they thought the chances high. But he could have a kidney infection or kidney disease for example -- bladder stones, or kidney stones... a sensitive belly might indicate something internal that is really uncomfortable and sore. At any rate you know something is up from the urine alone as you kn ow this was not the norm before, so would def look into other possible causes.

Saw a different vet last night who think its his back as he flinches very slightly in the middle of his back.
She thinks this is why the urine is on him as he cocks his leg but might put it down before hes finished.

She has put him on a course of anti inflamitrys & if theres no improvement after that shes going to take a urine sample to rule out an infection - but she dosnt think there is any infection.

Shes not too worried about his back at this stage as she says its not severe enough to start thinking about MRI's or anything unless it gets worse in the next few months.

I was quite shocked when she said she thinks its his back, I didnt expect that one at all,

Oh & she didnt think there was anything wrong with his belly - she thinks i might have had a hand on his back when i was touching his belly which is why i thought it was his belly that was sore

I thought DJ had a sore belly when lifted a few weeks ago because he cried when lifted at a certain point underneath (I thought) it turned out to be his back also...

Back