• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Baby Tooth

ashleighelizabeth

I know that this is a silly question, but how do you know if your cavalier has lost all of his baby teeth? I just found out that two of Sonny's siblings have to get a baby tooth pulled. Sonny is about 8 months old, so I'm not sure when they are supposed to have all of their adult teeth and also how to tell what is a baby tooth and what is an adult tooth...

Not a silly question :)

Well, first you can open the mouth and look, for Brooklyn, it was very clear when her adult tooth had grown in before her baby one fell out. A vet would know right away too (if you are in there for any reason) also, you could just stop by the vet and ask a nurse to peek really quick. I have done that, it takes none of their time, and they are usually happy to do it for free in the waiting room really quickly.

It is easy to check teeth when they are sleeping :)

Claire had one baby tooth that never came out, and was right next to her permanent tooth. They pulled it when she was spayed. I was the one that noticed it. I am always messing with her mouth to make sure all is okay.

Kokoda had a tooth pulled when he was neutered.
They said they werent 100% sure if the baby tooth would fall out as the adult tooth was mostly there.
So they did it just in case it never did come out and cause problems.

But he is the first dog i have had to get a baby tooth pulled.

Forrest is 5.5 months and almost all have fallen out. He has a few left. His have been very weird. The new teeth have been growing in basically under the baby teeth and the new teeth will be grown in completely for a while before the baby teeth fall out. So, he has double teeth for a few days. Pretty odd, but they all look fine once the baby teeth fall out. The new teeth look a lot diff from the baby teeth. We realized he was losing them when he started spitting teeth out during meals. Also, we started finding his stuffed toys covered in blood :( like this poor little reindeer...

187c630f-ba62-9a24.jpg

Back