• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do Cavaliers really have this make c-sections???? Normal??

MomObvious

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with a possible breeder who told me that Cavalier's "have c-sections more than half the time because these are small dogs" What??? Is this true? Don't think I will deal with this breeder, for several reasons. But I was just wondering about the c-sectoins.

Thanks,
Melissa

No,I very much doubt that.
Most reputable breeders prefer to keep free whelpers in their breeding programmes.
Breeders who have had c sections have reasons such as a large litter and the bitch becoming exhausted,perhaps a singleton, or a badly positioned dead puppy causing an obstruction.
C sections for cavaliers is absolutely not the norm.
Sins

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with a possible breeder who told me that Cavalier's "have c-sections more than half the time because these are small dogs" What??? Is this true? Don't think I will deal with this breeder, for several reasons. But I was just wondering about the c-sectoins.

Either she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs or she does not know what she is talking about.

'she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs' - or Pekes?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

'she is confusing cavaliers with English bulldogs' - or Pekes?

Most English bulldogs are incapable, due to their structure, to either mate naturally or whelp naturally. They need cesarean section surgery to give birth.

Pekes are the same - flat faces, heavy coats, narrow hips, whelping problems waiting to happen.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Maybe she's just using badly bred cavaliers that don't have good conformation. Sounds fishy, I would find a different breeder.

Back