Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where was your Cavalier Born?

Post Thanks / Like

Holly was born in Ohio and now lives in Florida (both in U.S.)!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver was born in Devon.
    He now lives in Leicestershire with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rebel was born in Barnstaple, Devon
    Winston Alexander was born in Hull, Humberside
    Bubbles was born in Barnstaple, Devon
    Little Joe came from Pendock Village, Malvern
    and Holly Poppet was from Okehampton, on beautiful Dartmoor in Devon
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineSarah View Post
    Oliver was born in Devon.
    He now lives in Leicestershire with me.
    There are 3 of us from leicestershire on this Forum now.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Oliver is from very near to Barnstaple. Umberleigh in fact don't suppose others from Devon or Barnstaple used the same breeder as me? Would be funny to know some of Oliver's relatives!! lol

@Sabby
    Where in Leicestershire are you?
    Oliver and I are from NW Leics a village called Whitwick.

M&O

Post Thanks / Like

There do seem to be quite a few dogs from Devon on here, Ollie came from Paignton, Devon, and Jasper from a small village near Teignmouth, Devon.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 14 and Ollie age 4.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to work in Teignmouth years ago...in a different life...(last century)
    I would hazard a fair guess that any dog bred in the west of England is related via the Homerbrent kennel.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bubbles has lots of Homerbrent behind her from Paternal Grandfather backwards if you know what I mean. She also has a heavy Vanitonia presence.

Rebel has Homerbrent on his Maternal Great Grandparents' side, but a much bigger Tregarron/Chrisandawn/Manaking mix running throughout, with some Dubourg thrown in for good measure. His Gt, Gt, Gt grandfather was Tregarron Trafalgar, a dog who I watched ringside from a puppy and absolutely adored. I was thrilled one day when Betty Dowd asked me to take him into the BOB challenge and I can honestly say I have never handled a dog quite like him, until I got Rebel that is!

Holly Poppet was sired by Homerbrent Branscome crossed with Underknoll, with Homerbrent behind her too, but Vanitonia crops up there in several line breedings.

Getting back on track to what Sins originally said, I think the heavy Homerbrent influence in West Country dogs goes all the way back to the great Homeranne Caption, one of the most influential sires of all time. He was stunning and lived to a grand healthy old age.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Further to many Cavaliers coming from an area where there was a notable breeder (such as Homerbrents in Devon), when I had a holiday in the Scottish borders a few years ago, I noticed an unusual number of Blenheims, and wondered if this was the long-distance influence of the Pargeter kennels, which were in the area. People who long ago bought a Pargeter Cavalier may have continued to keep the breed, even if these days the Pargeter connection is distant.

Oliver is a Yorkshireman, Aled comes from somewhere in Wales via Many Tears. My first two Cavaliers were South African, with a strong UK background, and the third one came from Staffordshire.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Flash & his parents (Holly & Blitz) were born in Hot & Humid Texas! (USA).

Holly had parents from Ireland & the Slovak Republic. Her pedigree has several Biely demon dogs behind her as well as Moorefields & Glencross cavaliers. Some other names behind her include: Immenhof's Donovan, Immenhof's Movie Star, Bonema Gold Sovereign for Choya... and if you go far enough back (5 generations) she has a "Glenwood Dallas Texas". LOL I can't find much on "Glenwood Dallas Texas" but I wonder if he was from Dallas, Texas? Probably not, but I find it funny that Holly was born to a breeder not to far from Dallas, Tx.

Although Blitz was also born to a breeder in Texas (USA) his parents were both from Ireland. He has a few Homaranne and Trenaul cavaliers behind him.
    Last edited by Reptigirl; 22nd February 2012 at 06:38 PM.
    Flash Blitz Holly