• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

`my poor alfy boy :(

loopylucy

my poor alfy boy has to go to the vets on thursday to have a dental operation :( he has been yelping in pain for a while and the vet is unsure if its his mouth or if he has strained his neck, he has bad teeth anyway ans has done since we rescued him.

he is on antibiotics and painkillers atm and he has been a diffrent dog so fingers crossed he will be better after his op xx

I'm sorry to hear about Alfy do hope the op goes well tomorrow. I am concerned about the yelping, it sounds extreme to be from dental issues though.

Once he is through the op I think I would return the vets for a full examination, maybe x-rays to see if there is anything going on?

I know we all jump to conclusions about SM whenever we hear about yelping and possible neck pain but other things needs to be ruled out first. Do familiarise yourself with the symptoms though and note if Alfy is doing anything else.

just a quick update, alfy is fine! vets really happy with him took 13 teeth out! breath is loads better and he has only yelped once since his op and that was because he fell off the sofa play fighting with treva which he hasnt done since he has been bad! no stopping the little man now

Oh poor wee fellow.

It's great news that he is ok now - he must have been really sore :(

Poor Alfy! Glad to hear he's ok! 13 teeth.. how many teeth do cavaliers have? I cant imagine Lola having 13 teeth in her little mouth!!

he had 13 teeth out and already missing 3 :( he was a rescue and already had rotten teeth no matter how much we brushed nothing worked and they were all loose and very badly rotted according to the vet :( my little gummy bear haha

Blitz had 16 teeth removed and was already missing 2 or 3. He was a rescue too. He still has a couple of teeth left in there and he can eat dry food just fine.

Hope your little guy is feeling better!

Back