• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lyrica gone up in price

Sabby

My vet informed me that ONE capsule of Lyrica is gone up in price by 50 pence. Nearly had a heart attack. Has anybody noticed this?

Hi Sabby

Do you get Lyrica from your vet? Have you tried getting it online from, for example, Hyperdrug? If you vet doesn't charge a fortune for the prescription, Hyperdrug are usually about half the price that vets charge (I appreciate that they rely on selling meds to keep their practice solvent - but some of them must make a whacking mark-up to charge the prices they do).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Someone on here said that Tesco do a month supply for about £136. I just paid at my vets for a 6 weeks supply £195 so I can’t see that much difference. I know the last time I needed them quick and he was honest with me and said he got them from the chemist and I think this time he got them from the chemist. As Harley just only started on Lyrica and my vet was nice enough to let me have the drugs without paying up front and claiming direct from my insurance I am just getting them from my vets at the moment.

My vet said that the Manufacturers have put them up.

When I checked out gabapentin on Boots online, they were twice the price of Hyperdrug, as was my local chemist. Worth giving Hyperdrug a ring - 0844 7000 801? I don't have shares in them, honest, just find them reliable, helpful and very competitively priced.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

The price at Tesco is for 84 tablets which on two a day lasts 6 weeks!! I get mine at boots and pay 154 for the same amount. Just for convenience reasons as they always have them in stock and the pharmacy is open till 9pm which working shifts is very useful to me lol

I pay £46.40 a month at Tesco for 28 x 150mg Lyrica capsules and split them in half to give Tommy his 75mg twice daily.
I last bought them 10 days ago so I suppose they may have gone up in the mean time.

For those that do not have their dogs insured you will see from this link to Chemist Direct that all Lyrica capsules are priced near enough the same, no matter what the dosage.
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/sear...catname=&sort=&pp=&vv=list&sid=&bw=IE&showTab=
So it may be worth buying a double size capsule and carefully dividing the powder within it.

There is a difference in VAT when the drugs are for animal use and I think that at approximately £1.66 per capsule my Tesco price is probably as good as I will get, especially as they always have it in stock.

When I first took the Vet's prescription in the Pharmicist was concerned that I was splitting a capsule, but when I explained it was for an uninsured dog and the price would double to nearly £100 per month if I bought the 75mg tablets, she dropped her objection.

Back