• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Breders Liscence - KC Regulaion

The people who bred Molly have a licence issued by the Local Authority, her puppies are KC registered and she is a puppy farmer !

The people who bred Molly have a licence issued by the Local Authority, her puppies are KC registered and she is a puppy farmer !

Hi Tania
On reading the KC statement I think this is a new ruling from January 2012. I am sure someone will put me right if I have it wrong LOL!!!
Brian. Surely a step in the right direction?

Last edited:
Hello Sue

Yes that's what I was asking opinions on ,does anyone think they will have any effect .

Probably won't have much effect at all , as a lot of the 'commercial' kennels do have licences; the Welsh puppy farms have been given planning permission and the blessing of the Local Authorities - but anyway they don't register their poor puppies with the Kennel Club as it eats into their profits; and the back yard breeders in general don't bother to register their pups for the same reasons. :(

Hi Tania
On reading the KC statement I think this is a new ruling from January 2012. I am sure someone will put me right if I have it wrong LOL!!!
Brian. Surely a step in the right direction?

I understand this might be a new requirement by the KC but I think the local authorities have had this rule in place for years.

Yes you are right Tania, the KC rule is new but the LAs have had rules for many years - it varies from LA to LA - some are based on the number of litters and some on the number of bitches. SOme also have conditions including having a separate sink and washing machine used purely for the dogs [Norfolk]

It seems there is very little checking on licences though...and because they are quite expensive many don't bother :( As DaveCav says Many breeeders don't register the puppies anyway - or only with the alternative registries.

In Norfolk I knew a puppy farmer who had about 30 Cavaliers in a small house, always had several litters at a time, no health testing carried out, dogs never exercised or anything - but because she had a licence and the seperate sink and washing machine that was ok!!

Sue, I think it is a step in the right direction but will probably encourage more breeders not to register their puppies sadly though too.

Back