Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crufts 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Crufts 2012

Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going on the Saturday with a friend who's wanting to get her first dog but isn't sure yet which breed - so we'll be spending a lot of time in Discover Dogs talking to people to find out the pros and cons of the different breeds. I'll also look in on the obedience, visit Cavalier Matters, watch some of the demonstrations that go on all day. Fortunately I am immune to shopping at Crufts - you could spend a fortune! But my two have got beds, crates, leads, dumbells, food that suits them and a box of toys they never play with and do NOT need anything else!

I was trying to remember when I first went to Crufts - I think I was about 12, when it was at Olympia in London - that would be around 1953! I was already keen on dogs, and can remember the Cocker Spaniel, Tracey Witch of Ware, winning BIS, and the wonderful Border Collie Megan of Monksmead winning the Obedience. Before you needed to qualify your dog in order to enter, I even showed my own Golden Retriever there once. And when I was a teenager I used to buy old pre-war copies of the Our Dogs and Dog World Annuals, to get photos of old Goldies to illustrate my pedigrees - I was a pedigree nut even then! The annuals often had a page of photos of the Pargeter Cavaliers - I noticed them because of the name, which is the surname of my mother's side of the family - pity I didn't keep them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I will be there on Thursday. I get there quite easily on the train and absolutely love the whole thing. The big bonus is meeting up with friends, two legged and four, old friends and new.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    I'm going on the Saturday with a friend who's wanting to get her first dog but isn't sure yet which breed - so we'll be spending a lot of time in Discover Dogs talking to people to find out the pros and cons of the different breeds. I'll also look in on the obedience, visit Cavalier Matters, watch some of the demonstrations that go on all day. Fortunately I am immune to shopping at Crufts - you could spend a fortune! But my two have got beds, crates, leads, dumbells, food that suits them and a box of toys they never play with and do NOT need anything else!

I was trying to remember when I first went to Crufts - I think I was about 12, when it was at Olympia in London - that would be around 1953! I was already keen on dogs, and can remember the Cocker Spaniel, Tracey Witch of Ware, winning BIS, and the wonderful Border Collie Megan of Monksmead winning the Obedience. Before you needed to qualify your dog in order to enter, I even showed my own Golden Retriever there once. And when I was a teenager I used to buy old pre-war copies of the Our Dogs and Dog World Annuals, to get photos of old Goldies to illustrate my pedigrees - I was a pedigree nut even then! The annuals often had a page of photos of the Pargeter Cavaliers - I noticed them because of the name, which is the surname of my mother's side of the family - pity I didn't keep them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    That's so interesting! That would have been wonderful to see the old year books. I would love to go to Crufts but I am obviously in the USA. So we can watch online live? I loved the video last year of the Cavalier who won the heel work (I think)- dancing.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Annie

I sat and watched your Westminster Show on Friday night and thoroughly enjoyed it ,lots and lots of beautiful Cavaliers and I think that was
    the first dog show I have ever watched apart from an odd clip of Crufts.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going on the Saturday with a friend who's wanting to get her first dog but isn't sure yet which breed
    -

I am not sure if you aware of the website Carol Fowler has created. It would be worth a look.

http://www.dogbreedhealth.com/
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I are going on the Friday. It will be my first trip to Crufts and I am expecting to spend a fortune on my already spoiled pooch! lol
    Open purse surgery!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going Thursday & Friday. I am mainly there to watch what ever is on in the Arena. Mainly Agility, Flyball and Heel Work to Music.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there Thursday, Friday and possibly Saturday as well Very exciting.

Going to see the agility and for the shops mostly! Got a nice big list of things to buy. Looking forward to seeing the Cavalier Matters stall too.
    Mum to Izzie and George

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mainly going for the shops and more "fun" stuff too. Like agility, heel work to music etc.
    I didn't want to see the pedigree dogs all looking the same walking round and after PDE tonight I am even less interested. :S