• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

potty grooming for girls - help

Hello!!

I think I messed up. I cut just some fur around my girl's genitalia. Then I saw that she was wet after potty. And now I really don't know what to do. She's 7 months old and I need to be careful about the grooming because I took her to shows time to time.
I thought to cur so fur in the back of it's legs (so she don't became wet every time), but I am afraid of doing this, because everyone says that we don't cut show dog's fur...

However I looked on the web for cavs pics about this, but I really didn't found from the back :D :D :D

Can anyone help me? Any pics of what should/can I cut?

Thank you

Last edited:
I find girls almost always get wet to some degree after they pee -- even if hair is trimmed in a "sanitary trim". Show dogs are not supposed to be trimmed at all, but most seem to 'neaten them up' :rolleyes: anyway, but that is not a sanitary trim -- more evening things up over all. However I think most sanitary trims would take off a lot more than is acceptable -- in other words, would be very noticeable. They tend to get off the long hair all around the anus and shorten hind leg hair, and also trim back longer hair around the vulva and belly hair in the area that might drag in urine.

All my female cavaliers have always had more 'pee smell' than the boys. Females that pee on slightly long grass tend not to get as smelly as this acts as a kind of filter and lifts hair safely out of the way!

Others might have different explanations and ideas!

Back