Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diagnosed with Spondylosis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Mild CM can cause the same sort of symptoms as SM. Also I didn't think Geoff is actually using the formal grading scheme so that's interesting (he didn't comment or grade CM at all in the past (I've done 6 MIs with him over time). I do know he gave one of my dogs a 'mild' CM diagnosis (verbally, not on the cert) that wasn't viewed as mild by another neurologist -- but his reading should be more standardised if he is using the BVA/KC grading scheme.
    If the issues don't go away, you might want to try approaching this as painful CM and see if medications for that help. Or get a second opinion from someone like Clare Rusbridge, and proceed from there.
    Yes Geoff definitely said the words CM grade 1. We also asked if she would need an MRI in the future and he said it wouldn't be necessary as from what he can see she won't ever get SM. I will post the MRI scan up on the board when it arrives in the post.

If Rosie's symptoms persist we will definitely investigate further.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking Aled to Chestergates with the Midland Club for a mini-scan on 1 May (check-up for my information rather than having any symptoms) and the info sheet says that their scans will be accepted by the scheme (there was a query about their quality at one stage, so obviously they've tweaked their scanner), so presumably they're also using the new grading scheme.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

This is Rosie's MRI for reference, Chestergates sent a CD with loads of images. She seems to have plenty of space in her skull.