• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

This is what they do when you speak out about health issues.

Margaret C

There is a Cavalier Breeders Forum where, in the wake of PDE2 it is being suggested that I used my Champion dog at stud despite knowing he had SM.

This is untrue and the people writing this are liars.

I have Ch. Mareve Indiana's veterinary records. They show him to be a healthy dog until old age.

The people writing these lies will need to have proof that a dog that was winning Veteran classes at Crufts and the Cavalier Club Show at nine and ten years old was known to be suffering from health problems.

If they cannot do that then they would be wise to remove these libellious remarks.

I would be grateful if any member here who is also a member of that forum would crosspost this on to the relevant thread for me.

I will be contacting the forum's owner & moderators separately.

Hmmm. Maybe I should post some of the TRUE email correspondence I have from some of those people (health committee people, even!) in which they privately encourage puppy buyers to buy from breeder friends who do not exactly comply with even the most basic health requirements and recommendations...?

They are so utterly two faced.

Attack is the best form of defence? If the smokescreen is thick enough no-one will see behind it?

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I had many months of this treatment in 2008. I am no longer prepared to stand by and allow downright lies to be written.

Nor do I want to start another war. Hopefully the Owner of the site will deal with the untruths, we will be able to close this thread and all get on with trying to give these poor dogs of ours a healthier future.

I had many months of this treatment in 2008. I am no longer prepared to stand by and allow downright lies to be written.

Nor do I want to start another war. Hopefully the Owner of the site will deal with the untruths, we will be able to close this thread and all get on with trying to give these poor dogs of ours a healthier future.

Margaret I am so sorry this is happening to you again but know you are a tough cookie and will stand up to these individuals.

I have said so many times that all Bev Costello had to do was prove that her dog did not have SM but she never came forward.
As for her losing everything including her home can in no way be blamed on PDE.

Nanette

Margaret, so sorry to see this mud slinging has started. I think I know the forum you are talking about, but regardless, it is not a nice thing to do.

I know all breeders (or all people on the said forum) do not behave this way it is such a pity that some do :(

We all know that these people have written is total rubbish. The Cavaliers are possibily beyond saving because of these same people are responsible for the sad
state of these poor dogs. If they truly cared, the heart health scheme would have been in place years ago and the SM scheme would be well under way.

If these people cannot set an example to non Club/KC breeders, there really isn't much hope for the future. Ego and money stand in the way of PAIN FREE Cavaliers.

Tania, so true: what example, exactly, do these same club breeders currently set that makes them in any way superior to puppy farmers? :confused:

I feel so sorry for the few breeders who truly do try to do more for the breed and its sad state of health than just win trophies and make money off their studs and puppy sales -- because they struggle to do positive things against this secretive, nasty, childish, spiteful lot.

And the few truly health-focused breeders are right to feel frustrated to be lumped together with them. Which again raises the issue of whether the CKCS Clubs by and large internationally are now so hopelessly broken and failed that intelligent and dedicated breeders need to set up a new system, new clubs, and a show system not based on cosmetic looks.

It is just so sad to see this same type of pathetic behaviour following Pedigree Dogs Exposed 2. Always blame, and try to discredit with lies, the whistleblower who tells the truth lest your show lifestyle be affected. :( It is just NEVER about the dogs. It is about the humans, their prizes and their egos. :x

If these people cannot set an example to non Club/KC breeders, there really isn't much hope for the future. Ego and money stand in the way of PAIN FREE Cavaliers.

Like I said before These people are not dog lovers...they love what dogs have done for them.

That is a good summary as well, and echoes what several of the experts interviewed in PDE2 said.

How can anyone who truly loves dogs come up with endless reasons to block research and researchers; avoid helping research projects on looming or already critical diseases; keep information on health issues off their breed club websites entirely or only post a small notice and not actually MAIL members when they know many rarely or never use the internet, to ensure their members remain informed on issues, health tests, and research projects they could participate in; drag their feet on offering requested health information; request schemes they then either fail to participate in, denigrate or go off and set up their own, far less closely monitored schemes open to questionable 'results'... the list goes on and on and on and on ad nauseum at this stage for too many of the CKCS breeders worldwide.

The answer of course is that these annoying efforts and schemes simply benefit... the dogs. They can cost, rather than bring in money, and there are few prizes for being pro-health in almost any breed... but plenty of grief. And as we all see yet again, plenty of baseless allegations and attempts to smear the people who actually bravely step up to tell the truth about what is going on, and try to do something because they... love dogs.

Just out of cavalier health interest, maybe it is time to start making a list of all those on the CKCS Club Committee, judges' lists, champion owners etc who have bred underage cavaliers in oh, the past five years, thus totally ignoring the very MVD protocols some of them say they support! -- especially amongst the so-called health representatives -- as such facts are publicly available. I think people might be very surprised to see some very familiar names...

Margaret,
I knew NOTHING about SM when I brought Leo. Thanks to you and those like minded people, Myself and many others are now well educated and passionate about the health of this little breed.
What ever the "Knitted Knicker Brigade"" as my mother would call them, may say please remember that all you have done may well have saved the cavalier breed in the future.

On behalf of Leo I thank you, for your continued support and wealth of knowledge.
Keep up the good work and remember the saying about those who have more to hide shout the loudest!!

Mel XX

Back