Thread: Infection after spay.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Infection after spay.

I was giving Bella a brush this evening and I noticed her stitches have become red.

They have been fine until today, I think they may have started to become itchy and she has started licking them...she was desexed on Monday. The hernia stitches are fine (their is a shadow because of the way it is stitched) but the others are not. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow, is there anything I can do tonight? Put a cover over them maybe? A bandage?
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
    - Bern Williams

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look too bad.
    Could be a simple reaction to the stitches..if the wound was oozing,I'd take her to the vet but if it's clean and dry,I wouldn't panic.
    When are they due to come out? If you have any doubts give the vet a call and see.
    I wouldn't put a cover on it,letting the air at it is better and she's probably just eat the bandage anyway.
    It actually looks like a very neat incision..
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

They aren't oozing but if you look close they look a little sticky if you know what I mean. They are due out next Thursday.
    There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
    - Bern Williams