• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Infection after spay.

Alana

I was giving Bella a brush this evening and I noticed her stitches have become red.

Photoon2012-03-02at2144.jpg

They have been fine until today, I think they may have started to become itchy and she has started licking them...she was desexed on Monday. The hernia stitches are fine (their is a shadow because of the way it is stitched) but the others are not. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow, is there anything I can do tonight? Put a cover over them maybe? A bandage?

It doesn't look too bad.
Could be a simple reaction to the stitches..if the wound was oozing,I'd take her to the vet but if it's clean and dry,I wouldn't panic.
When are they due to come out? If you have any doubts give the vet a call and see.
I wouldn't put a cover on it,letting the air at it is better and she's probably just eat the bandage anyway.
It actually looks like a very neat incision..
Sins

They aren't oozing but if you look close they look a little sticky if you know what I mean. They are due out next Thursday.

Back