Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raised bowls?

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...t=raised+bowls

Thought you might be interested in the above thread. A few more links and ideas for you to consider.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Tania, some I'd seen, others I hadn't. Going to stick to the ones from Julie though
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you were able to connect with Julie. Her bowls have certainly helped with those yucky ears we all have to brush. I guess we have similar taste as I have the exact same colors you ordered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please don't think I am criticising anyone else';s choice of bowls for their Cavaliers, but I am just wondering why some of you prefer ceramic to metal bowls. I use metal for all my dogs, water and food. I have the Royal Canin raised bowls set because Rebel likes to drink so much water, which means he has to keep his head down to drink for longer than the other dogs would.

The dogs are happy with metal and I have peace of mind because they get a good scalding out in the dishwasher after use,thus hopefully keeping them free of any bacteria. Being a bit on the clumbsey side when I am in a rush to get things done, I know I am not going to break anything if I drop one of the metal bowls is another point in their favour too. The dogs haven't complained either

Like I said, not criticising anyone, but I would like to know why others do not like them?
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

I love ceramic bowls - for how they look, but we have hard granite worktops and terracotta tiles on the floor and a very clumsy person in charge (me) so they would end up in bits very quickly
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these bowls are delicious! Really love the colours,

I have found some great products which are cheap and colourful from http://www.pet-super-store.com/pet-s...d-dog-feeders/ its good as it delivers to Ireland as well. I also have been on the look out for other pet care products, and htese sites have good discount on them. I öalso got a bean bag for my daughter for her and the kids!
    "When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
    - Edward Abbey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ByFloSin View Post
    Please don't think I am criticising anyone else';s choice of bowls for their Cavaliers, but I am just wondering why some of you prefer ceramic to metal bowls. I use metal for all my dogs, water and food. I have the Royal Canin raised bowls set because Rebel likes to drink so much water, which means he has to keep his head down to drink for longer than the other dogs would.

The dogs are happy with metal and I have peace of mind because they get a good scalding out in the dishwasher after use,thus hopefully keeping them free of any bacteria. Being a bit on the clumbsey side when I am in a rush to get things done, I know I am not going to break anything if I drop one of the metal bowls is another point in their favour too. The dogs haven't complained either

Like I said, not criticising anyone, but I would like to know why others do not like them?
    In our case Skippy is the one who doesn't like the metal bowls. I think he's afraid of the multiple moving reflections, especially when the bowl is filled with water.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the ceramic ones because they look nicer, the metal ones look sterile to me. I don't have a dishwasher, so I hand wash all my bowls in nice hot water anyway, so I've no fear of bacteria
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.