• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oliver's first day of puppy class!

Kim N

Oliver had his first class this morning and since we were the only new one today he got a private lesson. :eek: He did really well and the trainer was amazed at how fast he picked everything up! Me thinks he is a smart smart boy! She told me several times how lucky I was with him and how easy he was going to be.

I wish I had taken some pics but I was just focused on the class and never even thought about it until after it was over!

I can't wait for next week when he goes with the rest of the class! :jmp:

Sounds like he is a clever boy and eager to learn

Am I right that you live in Norfolk? Where did you take him?

Alana, I think this is my biggest struggle but he is so smart. He does know he is supposed to do it outside and does every time he goes out but if I am not there on the spot, it goes on the floor in front of the door. I am struggling with getting him to ask or to hold it even for a few minutes until someone gets to the door.

We have a very large kitchen and it is the heart of the house so always someone in there. Since he has come home we literally have someone in the kitchen at all times with him so we can get him out when he needs to. He will go to the door and might look at us once, if we see him and say do you need to go out? He waits for you to get there but if he goes over and looks and you don't look at him right away he just goes.

He has zero free run of the rest of the house right now but more because of his need to eat absolutely everything he comes in contact with, including the ear ring right out of my ear the other day! LOL I have an 8 year old son who has tons of very tiny legos and though they don't tend to be left around you never know when there will be some on the floor. So until he stops wanting to eat everything he is kitchen bound unless on the couch with someone or hanging out on the bed with someone. With all that said then it is hard to tell how he would be doing in the rest of the house potty wise but I think for now it helps to have him on the hard floor until he learns better to ask and wait to go out.

I did just buy a nice crate for the kitchen so I can get him trained to being alone in the crate for when it's necessary and hopefully it will help a little. Right now the only crating he gets is at night, he sleeps in an open crate in a playpen. He does hold it through the night in there so I know he can, he just chooses not to in the day time.

Whew, long winded...sorry! LOL

Back