Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    so sorry to read about gus i hope he gets well soon
    sending kisses and cuddles to gus from louie and his mum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Pippa

I am so sorry for your little man Gus we all send our bestest wishes to him and you ,our little stars give
    us all such an emotional traumatic roller coaster we do so hope hes soon back to giving you lots more happy days .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear about this - both Gus and for you. Do hope you will both be more comfortable soon.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about Gus's disc problems, poor little fella. Jasper as been having cartrophen injections since he was 3 and a half, he as them every 10 wks or so. I don't know if it benefits Jasper (he as disc disease and HD) or not but as I understand it the cartrophen acts like a lubricant around the effected joints/area. You are not supposed to use Metacam with the Cartrophen injections I think its 3 days before an injection and 3 days after, Jasper as tramadol if he needs it at this time.

Gentle hugs to Gus and good luck keeping him rested when he is feeling better they are stoic little dogs, I hope you are feeling okay too.
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Ebony was diagnosed with three degenerated discs and we found out when one morning she just couldn’t jump onto the sofa anymore and she really wobbled with her back legs when she walked. She was on strict crate rest and Carprofen tablets, we switched to Previcox. But after a few months she was ok again. But she is never again to jump on and of the sofa and strictly no stairs for the rest of her life.

Wishing Gus a speedy recovery.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    she is never again to jump on and of the sofa and strictly no stairs for the rest of her life.

We were told the same for Gus, he is just having a fairly acute attack at the moment so is in pain and miserable but hopefully will be more himself in a few days.

Thanks everyone again for the good wishes it really is so helpful to know people understand what he and we are going through, and I know he will be his old self again soon but he just looks so sad now
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

You really do feel for them when they're clearly uncomfortable.
    Sending gentle hugs to him and wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE -Gus is looking much better and must be feeling better too as he was trying to jump on the sofa earlier, rather than waiting for me to lift him, but I caught him in time, luckily I have baby gate for the bottom of the stairs to keep him down when he's feeling like climbing stairs, don't worry he still gets carried up for a snooze on my bed in the morning, while I shower, or if I'm tidying round or ironing! I bought another baby gate for across the living room door yesterday so I can leave the door open but he can't go in without one of us, poor fella probably thinks we are being mean to him... He went for a little walk today, a slow one and only 5 minutes but he seemed to enjoy it
    He has 2 more days on metacam so hopefully he will still feel better when he is finished the course, and back to the vets on Tuesday.

Thanks again for all the support...
    Last edited by pippa; 9th March 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

So happy that Gus is starting to feel better.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Gus

Gus was back in the vets today and she was very pleased with how he is. He is almost back to his old self

Getting hard to keep him off furniture now! I'll have to set him in concrete

He is off the metacam now and had his second cartiphen injection today, he has to get two more in the next two weeks but may not need the once a month injection after that as she initially thought last week as he is doing so well, She did say there is a risk it may happen again (as in the disc slipping) so just to be aware, but she said he can climb the stairs again after he finishes his course of injections, though not excessively.

He seems to have bounced back very quickly since last week when he looked so sad....he is looking bright and happy again. long may it last!