Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosie Back To The Vets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Rosie Back To The Vets

Hi

Over the last two weeks I have taken all four to the Vets for an anal gland check and a physical as I was
    concerned with a couple of issues with them but all turned out OK .They all go to the groomers on Sat so
    every night I have been giving them a good once over so lastly it was Rosie s turn I called and pointed to
    sit by me she very reluctantly came over with a few whimpers but curled up head right down ,so I gently
    whispered in her ears while i combed her ears then picked her up slowly to put her on her back as we always do
    but def no she let out a lot of whimpers and yelped and jumped back on her bed .Oh no here we go again
    OK see if she will follow me downstairs and jump outside ,yes to both so jump back in and come upstairs yes
    then a reluctant yes but I had to lift her on the bed whi or impactedch she has ow jumped off and is under the bed .

My thoughts ,I know she has CM diag by full MRI by Martin D but she shows no sign of it nor pain and after
    someweeks of crate rest she is back to chasing Pops and her ball ,her scan was 18 moths ago so back
    to the vets with an idea of another back disc problem which showed up in the MRI or her anal glands had not
    been done properly.I am happy it is nothing to do with SM but could be her CM playing up I dont know but we will
    check her back then her glands then a rethink and last week after they were all checked I thought good well I know
    the girl are all ok ,What a hope .
    Thoughts or comments please

Today a nice old man.an ex retired deep sae captain , who lived on his own his wife died five years ago ,he was found dead today how awful the poor fella to pass away all alone ,and Dawns brother who lives in ST Austell Cornwall he goes in hosp for a day on Thurs then back
    in Sun the a heart triple bypass monday ,it really gets to you and work has gone quiet as on Fri a job in Colwyn Bay finished
    and we had to send six of our good lads home on garden leave ,unpaid of course
    k
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian
    Did you say Rosie was diagnosed with a disc problem? I donít know if someone can give any advice on this, because Ebony has three degenerated discs and she was in a lot of pain but with crate rest and pain killers she has been as good as new and is running around like a lunatic chasing birds if I would let her. You would never know she has disc problem. But I have been told by my vet and Clare never to let her go up stairs again and not to let her jump up on the sofa for the rest of her life.

If Rosie has a disc problem would that be the same in regards to stairs and jumping up?

Hope the operation for dawns brother goes well on monday.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brian,

Hope Rosie will be ok. We were told today also never to let Gus climb stairs or jump on or off furniture or beds ever again because of his disc problems, maybe ask your vet for advice on this for Rosie.

best wishes, hope things are looking better for you all soon
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sabby

Yep it came ti light on a sat morning in Aug 2010 so staright on to Axa the on to Chestergates who said Matin Deutschland woud see her that day as an emergency
    money no object we went ,he twisted her pulled and did alsorts and not a sound then finally a full mri and I sat and waited there for 5 hours ,no sign of sm but yes with cm and two dislodged discs and strangely she was in no pain .SO home 2 months crate rest no jumping and no stairs and she has been fine since till tonight but we will take her back tomorrow and get her glands checked and her back again than go for another MRI I think.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Rosie,
    She really seems to be in some discomfort.
    Yes, a trip to the vet is called for.I would keep her calm and relaxed and hopefully some pain relief tomorrow.
    Is she the one with the luxating patella?let us know how she gets on.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep thats her her but on the day of surgery Ben decided not to

Shes the ruby that always cases Pops and has a ball in her mouth

Rgd

Bri
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see if the flare up is still there tomorrow. If it is,it'll give the vets a clearer picture of the source of the pain.
    (not that we want her to be sore,but just for the vet to see the symptoms himself).
    Hope you get some sleep yourself.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

It's worth checking with your vet whether the 'no stairs' rule includes portable steps to enable Rosie to get up on the settee and bed herself. These are very shallow steps (three to get up to settee level) and Oliver (with spondylosis and wobbly back legs from SM) manages them very well - walks up them in the same way he walks on the ground, with no pressure on the spine. If I forget to put them out (I do have to get into my own bed at night!) he makes no effort to jump, just sits and waits or will come and fetch me to put them in place!

Hope you get Rosie sorted, and your brother-in-law's op goes well.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Brian,
    I dont have advice for you but just wanted to send best wishes from Leo and I....it sounds like you're having a bit of a rough ride at the moment.
    Hope all sorts out soon, give Rosie a gentle hug from Leo and I.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi Sabby

Yep it came ti light on a sat morning in Aug 2010 so staright on to Axa the on to Chestergates who said Matin Deutschland woud see her that day as an emergency
    money no object we went ,he twisted her pulled and did alsorts and not a sound then finally a full mri and I sat and waited there for 5 hours ,no sign of sm but yes with cm and two dislodged discs and strangely she was in no pain .SO home 2 months crate rest no jumping and no stairs and she has been fine since till tonight but we will take her back tomorrow and get her glands checked and her back again than go for another MRI I think.
    Hi Brian
    It sounds that your Rosie after she made a good recovery last time is still jumping on your bed, sofa and running up the stairs. Is this right? If it is check with your vet if she should be jumping up on things and using stairs. With Ebony and some other dogs on this Forum with disc problems they all have a ban for life on these things.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "