Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rosie Back To The Vets

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    We have an appointment with Mr Marsden who she saw 10 days ago so I will mention her anal glands and disc problem .When she saw Martin D at Chestergates it was Oct 2010 she also had a full MRI then. He gave me a CD disc with all her images on so I shall take that with me together with a copy of Martins report ,I am fussy about keeping paperwork ,he mentioned then that with Rosie "The MRI findings were consistent with intervertebral disc diseases at L6/L7 likely to be Hansen Type 1 but poss Type 2" and recommended room/crate rest and no jumping also Rimadyl 10mg for 28 days .So we shall see and if needed I will ask for another referral ,yet this morning she seemed back to normal and even let me carefully flip her on her tummy with no sound or appearence of being uncomfortable ,I wonder if Cartrophen injections might help I shall ask .

Just going back to Martins report he further commented "The scans revealed a moderate elongation of the cerebellar uvula which mildly protruded through the foramen magnum (Chiari-like malformation) which,in Rosie's case is not associated with the formation of Syringohydromyelia "is he saying in other words this is the phrase that has recently seemed so popular ie mild CM ?

Yet shortly after this if we view my little Ruby she is always the instigator of chasing our Pops as can be seen in the video below taken last July ,this little girl suffering with back problems she can ceratinly motor .I have ordered some steps and if they dont use them I might ,and Dawn is keeping a strict watch on her while I am at work .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATL7x...eature=related

The enigma that is Cavalier King Charles Spaniels ?????????????
    I felt so sorry for the old neighbour who passed on yesterday to think being a deep sea ships captain and the places he has been to
    and the people he has met and yet his last minutes on this earth he was all on his own ,how sad.RIP
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that would come under the category of mild CM Brian.
    Take a look at this from CR's website.
    It has a really good explanation of the new CM grades on it. Page 14-15.

http://www.veterinary-neurologist.co...ing/index.html

Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sins

First time I have seen that ,and it is good as you say ,thank you .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    sorry to hear you are having some problems sending you all best wishes
    your girls are stunning give them a kiss and cuddle from louie and his mum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Well we went and Rosie saw Mr Marsden who gave her another thorough examination ,he only saw her ten days ago ,checked her anal glands
    which were fine and then declared he could find absolutely nothing wrong with her .I think it must be me going bananas but honestly last night
    she yelped so loud when I went to pick her up to groom her that Dawn heard her downstairs and yet today she dashed up the stairs around the garden
    with Lily after her and is perfect in every way and I even groomed her tonight ,so I am lost for Ideas was it a trapped nerve or one of her discs
    playing up I just dont know but I do know if she yelps again we will be back again at the Vets as she has no price and no money value as she is
    my little baby Rosie who I would go to the Moon and back for every day of my life.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Rosie, keeping fingers and paws crossed that it doesn't happen again. These dogs sure have a way of grabbing onto our hearts and keeping us on our toes.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope it's a once off Brian...maybe she just turned funny and twisted something? Glad she seems to be okay now
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

It may be no more than a pulled muscle, that hurts if she moves in a particular way. If she yelps again, you could try giving her a few days rest. If we pull a muscle we rest a bit more to give the inflammation time to calm down. Dogs can't make this decision for themselves, but we can make it for them. It sounds as if it doesn't hurt so much that it stops her doing what she wants to do, just catches her in particular situations, like being picked up quickly, perhaps with her hind legs stretched behind her for a moment (no criticism of you, Brian - we all scoop them up without thinking to groom them or cuddle them).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Rosie! Poor Brian! I hope this was a one-off and that she's fine.