• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sydney's Struggling a Little

Sydneys Mom

I haven’t written about Sydney in a while, but he is struggling a little and I’m struggling a lot. His good days still outnumber the bad days, for which I am VERY grateful, but I do see the decline little by little. I miss taking him on our long leisurely walks or racing him down the hallway. I miss him being awake most of the day.

I just HATE heart disease so much and watching him go through this is killing me. I know I am doing everything and anything possible for him, but I also know that he won’t get better. I love him soooooo much.

For some reason today I’m having a really bad day dealing with all this and needed to let it out and I know you guys understand.

Sending hugs your way. I think it makes it so hard to face the health problems in these little dogs because they give us so much love. Sydney sounds like a wonderful dog, and he is very lucky to have such a caring mom like you. It is good to hear that the good days still outnumber the bad. I hope your day brightens up a bit

I'm sorry Joyce it is so hard to care for our wee ones when they are struggling with these conditions :( Please know that you and Sydney are in our thoughts.

He is lucky to have such a fantastic carer. He is taking life at his own pace which is great, and whilst he's still having more good days than bad then you are doing ok.

Many of us have been where you are, and know the agony, it really helps to be able to share and support each other.

Sending my best to your little guy. I don't own a cavalier but I can still understand how it feels to have someone you love sturggle. My 4 yr old son have a small surgery yesterday. It was a very tough day doing everything I could think of the comfort him thur the whole thing. He is fine today he's his same old wild child self. I could only imagen how it would feel if I had to worry watch and comfort a child or a much loved dog with anything on-going. Just do the best you can and its alright to have a bad day yourself every once in a while. Hope you and Sydney has a great day together very soon.
Melissa

Oh Joyce ;( I'm so sorry you are going through this. Like nicki said you are a great mom. You and Sydney will definitely be in my prayers!

Thanks all for all your kind and loving support. It made me cry, but maybe that was a good thing. I've been holding it all in and crying made me feel a little better.

MomObvious: sorry you son had surgery and glad he is on the mend. It must have been very worrisome for you.

hi
so sorry to hear about sydney im thinking of you
and please give sydney kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum
i no what you are going through because i went through the same thing with rowley at the bridge he died of a grade 5 heart mummer in 2008 make the very most of sydney kiss and cuddle him has much as you can.

Hello Joyce

You are doing such a wonderful job you are a true inspiration to us all I just hope when the time happens for me which it
will I am as strong and caring as you are and my girls behave and love me in the same way beautiful Sydney loves you.

All Our Sincerest Wishes ,Strength,Hugs,Kisses,Cuddles and Bestest Thoughts to You Both

Brian and Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

Only just catching up with CT today, but wanted to send you some hugs. My Meg was in congestive heart failure for nearly 9 months. She enjoyed (a somewhat restricted) life, so there was no question of hastening her demise, but 3 or 4 times a week she would wake me in the early hours of the morning gasping for breath, and I would get up, give her a pill and then sit on the floor cuddling her until her breathing settled and she went back to sleep. I think I did most of my grieving for her then, crying as I cuddled her. The next morning she would enjoy her breakfast and potter out into the garden as if nothing had happened. It's tough, but if you love them you just do it. Eventually the morning came when she could no longer drop her head at all, even to drink out of her raised water bowl, and her eyes said quite clearly - 'Mum, this is the end of the road, help me on my way' - and for that too, if you love them you just do it.

So hang in there with Sydney:hug:

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Hi. I understand what you are going through as I have something similar with Trapper. He has a terrible cough and often has difficulty catching his breath due to his severe CHF, but seems to love life and as far as I can tell, is really happy. He still gets very excited when the doorbell rings or when its dinner time, and for as long as he is able to show me that he is happy with his lot then thats a bonus I hate that I can't take him for walks anymore and feel really guilty leaving him behind when I take Bosco out.
Wishing you all the best with Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kate and Charlifarly. Your stories are are just like mine and so many others here. Our dogs are so brave while they fight so many battles. It just makes them that much more special.

Thinking of you and Sydney, it's tough watching them having their bad days, it is not a road I want to go down anytime soon but Jasper does have MVD though he does not need any medication. He is due an ultrasound anytime soon and I expect that nothing as changed from his last one as he's been okay. Gentle hugs to Sydney, thinking of you, you look after yourself :flwr:

You and Sydney are in my thoughts. I know the bad days can be such a struggle and it hurts so much to see them go through bad times. I hope you have many more happy times with Sydney and he is very lucky to have such wonderful mum.

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Sydney is very lucky to have you. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Sending lots of hugs to you and Sydney. :hug:

Oh Joyce....I am just sending you the biggest hug to you and to our little Sydney. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but Brian said it so well. You are truly a special person and we all hope if faced with this one day that we can be as good of a mama as you are. Sydney has a special little place in my heart and I will be saying little prayers for you both. :hug::hug:

Sorry to hear about Sydney. I nursed Sonny with CHF and 2 weeks ago the little rescue I took on nearly 2 years ago, Kaley , was diagnosed with CHF. Kaley's diagnosis was a shock and had it not been for my wonderful vet we would have lost her. She's now on the same meds as Sonny was and is making progress at the moment although my vet has obviously told me this is in no way a cure for her only making her comfortable. I dread what is ahead of us but I'm trying to just appreciate every day with her. I don't ming admitting the last fortnight myself, hubby and daughter have been in tears over this and my hubby has said this is the last Cavalier as he can't face the heartbreak. I can empathise with you and send Sydney hugs from us:hug:

Hi Joyce,
How are you and Sydney today? Just to let you know Leo and I are sending love your way. I can truly understand the heart ache you are goinging through, I'd feel the same if it were my little guy.
:hug:

Back