Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney's Struggling a Little

Post Thanks / Like

Only just catching up with CT today, but wanted to send you some hugs. My Meg was in congestive heart failure for nearly 9 months. She enjoyed (a somewhat restricted) life, so there was no question of hastening her demise, but 3 or 4 times a week she would wake me in the early hours of the morning gasping for breath, and I would get up, give her a pill and then sit on the floor cuddling her until her breathing settled and she went back to sleep. I think I did most of my grieving for her then, crying as I cuddled her. The next morning she would enjoy her breakfast and potter out into the garden as if nothing had happened. It's tough, but if you love them you just do it. Eventually the morning came when she could no longer drop her head at all, even to drink out of her raised water bowl, and her eyes said quite clearly - 'Mum, this is the end of the road, help me on my way' - and for that too, if you love them you just do it.

So hang in there with Sydney

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I understand what you are going through as I have something similar with Trapper. He has a terrible cough and often has difficulty catching his breath due to his severe CHF, but seems to love life and as far as I can tell, is really happy. He still gets very excited when the doorbell rings or when its dinner time, and for as long as he is able to show me that he is happy with his lot then thats a bonus I hate that I can't take him for walks anymore and feel really guilty leaving him behind when I take Bosco out.
    Wishing you all the best with Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kate and Charlifarly. Your stories are are just like mine and so many others here. Our dogs are so brave while they fight so many battles. It just makes them that much more special.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Sydney, it's tough watching them having their bad days, it is not a road I want to go down anytime soon but Jasper does have MVD though he does not need any medication. He is due an ultrasound anytime soon and I expect that nothing as changed from his last one as he's been okay. Gentle hugs to Sydney, thinking of you, you look after yourself
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

You and Sydney are in my thoughts. I know the bad days can be such a struggle and it hurts so much to see them go through bad times. I hope you have many more happy times with Sydney and he is very lucky to have such wonderful mum.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Sydney is very lucky to have you. I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Sending lots of hugs to you and Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Joyce....I am just sending you the biggest hug to you and to our little Sydney. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but Brian said it so well. You are truly a special person and we all hope if faced with this one day that we can be as good of a mama as you are. Sydney has a special little place in my heart and I will be saying little prayers for you both.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about Sydney. I nursed Sonny with CHF and 2 weeks ago the little rescue I took on nearly 2 years ago, Kaley , was diagnosed with CHF. Kaley's diagnosis was a shock and had it not been for my wonderful vet we would have lost her. She's now on the same meds as Sonny was and is making progress at the moment although my vet has obviously told me this is in no way a cure for her only making her comfortable. I dread what is ahead of us but I'm trying to just appreciate every day with her. I don't ming admitting the last fortnight myself, hubby and daughter have been in tears over this and my hubby has said this is the last Cavalier as he can't face the heartbreak. I can empathise with you and send Sydney hugs from us
    Carol

Proud Mummy to Kaley, 9 year old Tricolour
    Sonny ,Blen ( at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you and Sydney.x
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Joyce,
    How are you and Sydney today? Just to let you know Leo and I are sending love your way. I can truly understand the heart ache you are goinging through, I'd feel the same if it were my little guy.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)